Lagrande Twins; How Constant It Has To Be

25

The music started with the familiar sounds of the piano. It wasn't as heavy as the La Campanella or Moonlight Sonata nor hard enough to amuse our mother. It wasn't made to entertain nor written for the soul purpose of being historically significant.

"That was very selfish
... boloney."

It was jazz, and played by my favorite performer. Lance and I both played professional but the difference is he was naturally talented, so I understood his dislike. Although my hard work was crashed to the ground by the genius of the Lagrange family I didn't take in too seriously... I have jazz.

But he was downright mocking my music. How detestable. Even without the constant comparison I hated him. For a lot or even without any reason I hated my twin.

I hate Lance.

"He was messing with the score."

Lance all through out the performance grumbles. I look at him expecting a frown but it was a loop sided smile that greets me.

That was the first time I saw my perfectly pretentious and overly proper brother smile. At a sidewalk of the busy streets of  Beijing.

What an arrogant bastard. I hated him.

"Where have you been?"

Holding a bottle of wine my mother looked at our direction, as I opened the front door into the dim lights of the living room. Bottle after bottles and burned out ashes from the cigarettes scattered around like it was never cleaned.

"Where have you been, I said!!"

Mother's screaming echoed in the mansion as I flinched from the sounds of the shattering bottles as it hit the floor.

"You won't leave me." Mother's slowly fading self approach my brother as he looked at her with tired eyes beneath those stoic facade he always wear.

"Don't leave me... Lucas."

I watched silently as my mom's lips started to invade Lance's mouth as she desperately clings to him.

It was silent. But my mother's scream of pleasure was heard even if I closed the doors and it continued all night long.

I never pitied Lance. He was arrogant and he deserves all the mistreatment. I hated him and that was the only connection I have with my twin brother... and that was enough.

Not long before me and my twin brother Lance was born our father eloped.

He never wanted to marry our mother even though his family's company was slowly being cornered to bankruptcy. With all the pride and hope of the family our father run away however, our mother was crazy, even without her family's backing she was desperate enough to be pregnant with children from the man she loves.

"Lucas was never her's."

I silently whispered as I looked at the only photo of our father in our bedroom. Lance and I have the same exact face and physique but he was seen as a splitting image of our father. It was hilarious and perplexing.

"Luis..."

One day Lance entered my room out of breath. His eyes are out of focus as he run inside the bathroom.

He was covered in blood.

"Wh-what happened?"

He was roughly rubbing his arms to the point of ripping the flesh out as he desperately rub out the blood in his body.