It Is Decided

"Serana, I've been thinking about what you said a few weeks ago, about helping fight Death Eaters." Lily hardly ever called me Serana, so, naturally, I was nervous.
"And?" She sighed.
"And, I've decided to help. I don't know what we as kids can do, but I'll help." I grinned at her.
"Great!" Lily glared at me.

"Rani, you know this is serious, right? This is life and death. We can't take this lightly," Lily said, her voice deadpan. I mocked her seriousness. She hit my arm.

"I know this, Lils. I'm not stupid," I said. She smiled at me and linked our arms. We skipped to our next class.

"Welcome, Lilian Evans, to our Order," I said. She glared at me.

"You know my name isn't Lilian," she said. I smirked.

"I know. So, this is only our second meeting. We're still decinding a name. We want to be The Order of...yeah, we don't know what we want to be the order of," I explained. Lily nodded.

"What about Hogwarts?" She suggested.

"That's a brilliant idea!" James exclaimed.

"When I said it, you said it sucked," Remus said. James shrugged.

"It sucked when you said it," James replied.
"We need something more magical than that," Alice said.
"Something like a Hippogriff," Marlene agreed.
"The Order of the Hippogriff. Yes, that's a great idea," Sirius said, sarcasm dripping from every word in his voice.
Marlene stuck her tongue out at him. He stuck his tongue out back. He blew a raspberry. He made a whiny five year old sound.
"Stuff it, you two! We're never going to get anything done with these two around," Jinxy said. Sirius stuck his tongue out at her, crossing his arms. I grabbed his tongue, my eyes narrowed. Sirius groaned and tried to pull his tongue away, but I held on harder, my glare intensifying. He made a sad puppy sound and I let his tongue go.
Remus and James were rolling on the floor from laughing. Sirius kicked James.
"Shut it."
"I can see why you didn't get anything done last time," Lily whispered to me as the three boys started kicking each other.
"It's like...major footsie," I whispered back. She snorted.

"Frank, we can't just not...do...anything," I said, walking beside my brother. Frank had his arms crossed stubbornly.
"If you do this, anyone of you could die at any point in time," he said. I sighed, throwing my arms out dramatically.
"But if you come with us, you can make sure none of us get dead," I said.
"Killed, Serana. Make sure none of us get killed."
"Whatever, the point still stands. Please, Frank," I said.
"You can't take this lightly," Frank said. I groaned.
"Why do people keep saying that!" Frank turned to me.
"Because it's true, Serana. This is very serious and yore trampling around like our lives mean nothing. The old Serana would have agreed with me."
I was taken aback. The old Serana.
"Well, first off, I am Serana. Secondly, our lives don't matter. When we're 'trampling around', we'll be saving peoples lives, and isn't that more important than us? I'd rather die young having saved more lives than I can count, then live a full life and die a ripe old age, knowing that people died and I did nothing to stop it." The two of us stood there for a second, staring at each other, breathing heavily.
"You're impossible."

"Our sixth meeting has just started and they're already fighting." Marlene rolled her eyes. The boys rolled on the floor, screaming insults.
"SHUT UP!" Lily shouted out et the sound. Everyone looked up at her with surprised faces. The boys slunk Barack into their seats.
"Now, what are we going to do about the name..."
An hour later and still nothing.
"I give up!" James yelled, flopping onto the couch.
"Me too," Marlene whined, curled in a ball on her chair. I rubbed my temples.
"We've got to think of something."
"What about Phoenix?" A voice said from the shadows. We looked around, glancing at each other. Frank stepped into the light.
"Order Of The Pheonix. I thought it sounded catchy," he said. Alice and I smiled.
"I like it," Lily said.
"Why didn't you think of that?" James asked Sirius," You never have any good ideas." Sirius threw his arms into the air.
"Does this mean you're in?" Remus asked. He nodded.
"I'm in." I grinned at him. He smiled.
"So, it's decided. The Order Of The Phoenix has a new member, Frank Longbottom," Lily said.
"Took you long enough," Alice said. She walked over and kissed him. Sirius and I gagged.
"To the Order!" Remus shouted, raising a fake bottle of wine.
"To the Order!" We chorused back.