Why Do I Do This?

Normal POV:

"I'm sorry, Rani, for what I said earlier," Lils sighed as we sat in our dorm. I nodded.

"That's fine. I understand your concern." I smiled at my friends. Marlene burst through the door, Alice just behind her.

"Rani! It's...Sirius... he...Mary...I'm sorry..." she sobbed.

"Marlene, what's wrong?" Jinxy asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Sirius was sniffing Mary MacDonald!" She yelled. My eyes widened.

"Why would Serana care?" Lils laughed.

"She does still happen to have a major crush on him," Alice said.

"True," Lils nodded her head.

"I asked him What he was doing. He replied with 'I'm proving to Prongs I don't love River.'" Marlene said, her voice shaking. I gulped, trying to hold the tears in.

"Rani, you OK?" Jinxy looked at me. I nodded, blinking back tears.

"Yeah, why would I care anyway? It's not like Sirius and I are anything but friends." I pulled out my wand, "nox." The light turned off. I flopped onto my bed.

"Night," I called.

"Goodnight, Rani," They said back.

Sirius was kissing me on the couch, but he pushed me away and laughed evilly.

"I'm proving to Prongs I don't like River." Sirius' face was connected to another girl, I assumed was Mary MacDonald. Then I saw him kissing every other girl. I saw him laughing at me when Marlene was making fun of me. I saw it all. The pain returned all over again.

I woke up panting and crying. Marlene was tall awake. She immediately ran over to me and hugged me.

"Shh, Rani. It's OK. Shh. What happened?" She whispered.

"A dream," I managed. She sat next to me.

"Tell me," she said.

"It was him, every time he hurt me. I saw all of it. It hurt all over again. Like a wave of pain," I explained, scowling,"why do I do this? Why do I keep hurting myself? Why can't I forget him?"

"You love him, Rani. That's why. Your head says your afraid of love, but your heart couldn't care any less if it got hurt a million more times. You can't forget him because you love him too much. You can't ever forget him. You won't be able to. Trust me," she said. I nodded.

"Now go to sleep." She ordered and left. I obeyed and dreamt of unicorns.