Going Home

"Come on, Rani. We need to go," Lils said, tugging on my arm. I sighed and looked once more at the vacant dorm I had been living in the past year. At the doorway stood Jinxy, Alice, and Marlene.

"This year's been so-" I couldn't finish, not knowing the right word to day.

"Strange?" Lils suggested.

"Interesting," Alice added, earning some murmers from the three of them.

"Disappointing." Marlene let out a sad sigh.

"Weird," Jinxy said, her eyes widening.

"Different," I had finally gotten the right word into my mouth. I gripped my rucksack and tugged it along behind me the five of us made our way, silently, to the carriages. Alice broke away from us, waving, to go find my brother. I smiled, thinking that Alice and Frank are actually finally a couple. That left Marlene, Jinxy, Lils and I. We were soon accompanied by our Hufflepuff friends. Marlene had begged for forgivness, even though they said it was OK when she asked the first time.

This year, Hufflepuff won the Quidditch Cup, while Gryffindor won the House Cup, again. The seven of us sat in silence, happily. There were only seats for six, so 'Dromeda had to sit on Ted's lap, which made her blush and us girl giggle. Finally, we arrived at the train.

We all piled up into a compartment, The Hufflepuffs on one side, and us Gryffindors on the other. We sat in silence as we waited for the train to start.

"Congratulations, Ted, 'Dromeda, for graduating," I beamed at the pair of them.

"Thank you Rain. It's just going to be weird now, not being able to go to Hogwarts," 'Dromeda said.

"But, it's ok. We'll make it through." Ted bumps her shoulder with his. She giggled. Lils and I started laughing at 'Dromeda's blush. Tonks gaped at her brother and friend.

"You two like each other?" She yelled.

"How did you not know this?" I said through laughter.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked her brother, very seriously. He shrugged.

"It didn't seem important " he shrugged.

"Not important-ugh!" She threw her hands up in the air. 'Dromeda blushed a deeper red.

"Just ask her already," Marlene giggled. Ted looked at 'Dromeda.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" Ted turned to 'Dromeda, then adds,"Alone." The two of them walked at. 'Dromeda grinned at us as she and Ted left. Marlene moved to sit next to Tonks.

"Why to ruin a beautiful silence," Jinxy grumbled. I let out a snort. All the heads turned to me as I quickly covered my mouth. We all just burst out laughing. Ted and 'Dromeda didn't come back.

"Hey, Lily, Rani," a voice piped up through the laughter. We looked up to see Sev. Marlene cringed, while Tonks and Jinxy smiled sheepishly.

"Hey, Sev. I'm sorry you have to go home," I apologized. He shrugged.

"It's all good. Lils lives close enough to me," he smiled at Lily. I had to hold in my laughter as she smiled back. How could she be so clueless?!

"Well, I have to go," he waved and walked off.

"That was-" I started

"Akward," Lils finished.

"Very," the others agreed. We started laughing once again.

"Am I interrupting?" The voice that used to mean pain coughed. I smiled at Narcissa. Bellatrix and Regulus stood behind her.

"Yes, you are," Marlene snapped.

"Go away," Jinxy added.

"Don't hurt Rain," Tonks growled. Lils stayed quiet. She knew what was going on.

"Guys, it's fine. They're cool," I smiled at me friends.

"We wanted to tell you-" Narcissa started.

"That Regulus wanted to ask you a question-" Bellatrix tried to finish, but Reg's hand covered her mouth.

"Have a nice summer, Bye!" He said quickly, pushing his cousins forward.

"What was that all about?" I thought aloud.

"You're friends with them?" Tonks hissed.

"Reg and I have been friends for a long time. Narcissa and Bellatrix have stopped hurting me. I don't necessarily think of them just yet. It won't ever be a close friendship, like us," I assured my friends. Lils hugged me.

"Where are Ted and 'Dromeda?" Tonks asked angrily, tapping her foot.

"Probably snogging in some other compartment," Marlene giggled, earning a glare from Tonks. Jinxy, Lils, and I laughed.

"Sirius heard snogging," Sirius' head popped out of now where into my compartment.

"Get out Black," Tonks growled, her fists clenched into tight balls.

"But I'm pretty sure I heard snogging," he smirked at Marlene, who cringed.

"So? No one wants you here," Jinxy added in, glaring fiercely at my- the black haired boy named after my favourite star.

"I know someone does," He winked at me. I took the nearest thing and threw it at him. It happened to be Jinxy's pencil. He laughed. I blushed at the sound of his voice, which made him laugh harder. So I picked up the next closest thing to me, Lils' book. I threw it at him.

"Ow!" He exclaimed. He strutted out of our compartment back to his.

"You threw my book!" Lils yelped, gingerly picking up the book.

"Well, it got Sirius away, didn't It?" I sat back down.

"That's true." She shrugged.

"Bye Lils! Bye Mar! Bye Ally! Bye Jinxy! Bye Tonks! Bye 'Dromeda! Bye Ted! Bye Reg! Bye Sev! Bye Cissy! Bye Bella! I'll write you!" I shouted, waving around aimlessly.

"Gosh, Riv. Don't need to scream," Frank grumbled. I giggled.

"Hey, Eclipse," Remus said from behind me.

"Hey! Remus!" I turned around and smiled at him. He hugged me.

"See you at school next year," he grinned at me.

"Yeah. See ya. Sooo...you and Jinxy?" I poked his shoulder he laughed at me and left.

"Come on Riv," Frank mumbled.

"What's going on between you and Ally?" I smirked at him. He glared at me.

"Alice? We're taking it slow," He said.

"Uh-huh," I poked his cheek,"my little brover is growing up!"

"Shut up! I'm older!" He exclaimed. Mum walked up just then.

"Mum, I'm older, right?" Frank asked, giving mum his puppy dog eyes.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night little bro," I gave him a nuggy. He chased me all the way to the car. Could my life get any better?