Finally

Serana's POV:

I felt so alone. It felt like I had lost everyone. I couldn't confront any of my Slytherin friends, James, Remus, and Peter were too close to Sirius. I couldn't go anywhere.I wrapped myself tighter in my arms. It was still Hallowe'en night. When I had wondered to the Black Lake, I stopped. I stared at the glistening pool as the almost full moon rose over it. I touched the water wit my finger tips and sighed.

"What has my life become?" I asked myself. Slowly, I slipped off the ring I wore. I turned it over in my fingers, then threw it like I threw a Quaffle. With a plunk, it landed far off in the Lake. I did the same with the necklace and the bracelet. I took off my pirate hat and tossed it into the Lake as well. I threw in my shoes, and ended up taking off most of my clothes before I collapsed in sobs.

"River?!" Someone shouted. It was Frank.

"Oh, Frank, I screwed up. I screwed up so badly. I messed everything up. I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I cried, clinging to his clothes.

"Shh, Riv, shh. It's alright. You'll be alright," he whispered.

"Come on, let's go back to the Common Room," he said, helping me up. He wrapped hi is jacket around me as I shivered.

That night, we sat in the Common Room by the fire, wrapped in many blankets. I had tears still streaming down my face. Once everyone came in, I was luckily dressed in my Pajamas. Some people gave me sympathetic looks, others dirty one's. Lily, Jinxy, Marlene, Alice, and some new girl, Mary, all whispered apologies, but I ignored them. The last four boys to come in became silent at the sight of me. I turned to them. Sirius and I looked at each other for a while, until a chill ran down my spine, and my brother turned my attention back to the fire.

"Sirius," I croaked, but he was gone.

I woke the next morning, sobbing. I quickly wiped away my tears and changed into my normal every other muggle day clothes. I put on some slippers and shuffled towards the boy dormitories. I knocked on one of the doors.

"ITS OPEN!" Sirius groaned. I pushed the door open. Inside was four boys, all partially dressed. James was pulling on some pants, Peter was throwing his bag over his shoulder, Remus was in the bathroom brushing his hair and teeth, and Sirius was still in bed. The boys stopped moving and stared at me. I stood there, awkwardly playing with my fingers. I wasn't nervous because of the three half naked boys, that didn't bother me. It was Sirius. His hair was all ruffled, his eyes were barley open, and he yawned every few seconds. My heart must have missed so many beats, I should have had a heart attack and died right there.

"Who is it?" He whispered groggily to James.

"Eclipse," James whispered.

"Oh gosh!" He jumped up, ran a hand through his hair super quickly (once again, I should have died), and leaned up against his bed post, smiling. I giggled.

"I came to say, I'm sorry, about last night. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just-"

"I get, trust me. And if You ever need me, you know where to find me," he said. I smiled.

"Thanks," I said and left. As I walked down the stairs, I could hear Sirius' shout glory and hollers of victory.

Slowly, I made my way towards the Slytherin table. I still somehow felt unwelcome at the Gryffindor table. I spotted Cissy and sat next to her.

"Cissy, I'm sor-"

"He's been cheating on you!" She exclaimed.

"What?" My voice broke.

"Tony, cheating, with Renne Sounders. Ever since you started dating," She said. My breath was swept out of my lungs.

"I should have known," I breathed angrily.

"I'm sorry, Rani. I caught them last night. Tony told me everything...well, only because I held him at wand-point...but still. I'm sorry Rani," She said. I shook my head.

"It's alright. I was going to tell him we should only be friends anyway," I said, smiling.

"I'm so glad you didn't kiss his foul mouth," Cissy growled. I laughed.

"You're a great friend Cissy," I told her.

"We had just gotten your real laugh back," she grumbled. I Smiled.

"I'll kill him, Rani, I really will. I'll slaughter him in his sleep," Sev growled, slamming his food down in front of me. He angrily sat down after it. He shoved food in his mouth, glaring, and muttering strange things. Reg came after him.

"I will do anything to help you, Rain. You know that," Reg said. I smiled.

"Yeah. I know," I replied. I did have good friends, why did I ever doubt them?

"Sirius?" I called, walking up behind the Maruaders. He turned to look at me. I bit my lip.

"What is it, Riv?" He asked. Tears spilled over from my eyes.

"You know how you sa-said if I-I ne-needed anything, I could come to you?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Yeah?"

"I need you," I croaked.

"What happened?" He asked, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Cissy tol-told me th-that Tony ha-had been cheating o-on me since a little after we started dating," I cried.

"Oh, sweetie," Sirius pulled me to him and I sobbed on his chest.

"I trusted him! I wanted to believe we could work. Last night, it wasn't the first argument we've ever had. I was going to end it today. I feel so stupid, Sirius," I said through tears. Sirius cupped my face in his hands, pulling me away from him.

"You're not stupid. You made one mistake-"

"I've made so many mistakes, Sirius. It's destroyed my whole life," I whispered, looking down.

"Hey," Sirius lifted my chin, "I can fix it." He leaned down and gently pressed his lips against mine.