A Series Of Unfortunate Events

It was hard, going back to school. I was still very thin, and I knew most things would be difficult. We had to rush Emily's funeral so I could be there, being that I had to be back at school in three days. I hated leaving Charlie all by herself, but I had to go back to school. Mother said she would allow Charlie to stay at our house until she figures something out. Charlie will still keep up the bookstore, though I don't know how. I guess I'll figure it out when I get back for summer.

To make matters worse, people kept asking me about what happened. The story had been in the Daily Prophet. Rita Skeeter, a Hufflepuff, tried to get me or Lily or Matthew or James or Sirius to say something, but we wouldn't. I did, of course, explain all of it to Narcissa, Jinxy, Alice, and Marlene.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you," Jinxy said as she hugged me.

"Were you scared?" Marlene asked.

"Of course she was scared, you dunce!" Alice snapped. I chukled. Jinxy moved on to hug Lily.

"Yeah, I was scared. Terrified, actually. I've never felt like that in my life," I told them.

"Not even when you were faced with those Death Eaters?" Marlene asked.

"Or that other time when you had to fight Death Eaters?" Alice added.

"Or when you turned into a werewolf?" Jinxy asked. I shrugged.

"No. This seemed far more...real. These people weren't magical, and they still managed to almost kill me multiple times. I bet you Lily could be far more descriptive. she was the real hero. She found Charlie." The conversation was drfited to Lily, which I was grateful for. I helped myself downstairs to the Common Room. I used the railing to walk down the stairs. My legs wobbled, but not as much.

I went over and sat on the couch. It was pleasnt to sit and think with no one talking to me. I just listened to the fire, letting it fill my ears and burn away everything that bothered me.

A few minutes later, I felt Sirius sit next to me. He didn't say anything, he just sat. I laid my head on his shoulder.

I was plain exhausted. I just wanted to sleep. And sleep I did.

School continued as it normally would. Janurary turned to Feburary, and Feburary turned to March. April came with the melting of the snow, and the shining of the sun. I spent a lot of my time outside, contemplating...everything. Life went on normally. We tried to forget about everything that happened, and we almost did. The buzz and rumors died down, and everything was normal. A perfect ending to this story...

But this isn't the end of my story. Not nearly.

One ripe, sunny morning in May, I was in Herbology, when McGonagall came in.

"Professor McGonagall?" Our Herbology teacher stopped the class.

"I need to speak with Ms. Longbottom-" I threw my earmuffs onto the ground.

"Can I please just have four months of nothing bad happening?!" I shouted.

"Darling," Sirius whispered, putting a hand on my shoulder. i sighed.

"I know, I know." I walked over to McGonagall.

"What is it?" I snapped. McGonagall would have glared at me and taken points off Gryffindor, but that didn't happen. My attitude was gone in a flash. I dropped my crossed arms.

"What's happened?" I asked.

"I need you to come with me." I follwoed her out of the classroom, but before I left, Lily touched my wrist, trying to tell me that she was with me, even if she wasn't there. I nodded at her.