Silver Dagger

Third Person POV:

Only 15 minutes after the hilarious scene in the great hall, the Slytherin Gang was walking around the castle.

"Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with that Gryffindor McKinnon!" Lusius Malfoy exclaimed, making everyone else roar with laughter. Everyone except, Regulus Black and Severus Snape. The boys just chuckled lightly, wanting to fit in, but not wanting to hurt their friend. The group laughed and talked and joked and mocked Serana Longbottom, the same girl they've been bullying since year one.

"Wait," Narcissa Black, Regulus' cousin, said.

"What is it Cissy?" Bellatrix Black hissed.

"Shut up Bella!" Narcissa snapped. Everyone went quiet, wondering what Narcissa was listening for.

Crying. That's what it was, crying. If you listened hard enough, you could here the whimpering, sniffling, and sobbing of a young, hurt, girl. Narcissa turned around many times, looking for the source of the crying. Finally, she seemed to have found it, and ran off, her friends close behind her.

They finally came to a pillar with a giant hole in it. Inside the hole was a small girl with bright, red hair. No one could see her house patch, as she was curled so tightly into a ball.

"Hey, are you ok?" Narcissa asked, reaching out to touch the poor girl. The girl flinched and, if possible, curled into a tighter ball.

"Answer the question!" Lusious growled. The girl twitched and let out another whimper.

"Lusious, don't. She's afraid," Narcissa told her boyfriend. He grunted. Just then, his eyes widened.

"Wait, I know who this girl Is!" He grabbed the girl hair and jerked upwards, showing a face they all knew very well, crusted with tears, "Serana Longbottom."

The others gasped. It took all Regulus' and Severus' energy not to cradle their friends and as what the matter was. Lusious dragged the girl out of her corner by her hair and threw her onto the ground. Narcissa gasped.

"Lusious, don't-"

"Don't tell me now you care for his stupid girl," he snarled. Narcissa reluctantly backed down. Bellatrix pulled out her silver dagger, the one she got for Christmas. Serana heard the noise and started to crawl away. Someone kicked her stomach and she fell onto her back, groaning. She backed up against the wall as Bellatrix got closer, twirling her dagger. Our lonely friend put her arm up to protect her face, but it wasn't her face the Slytherins were targeting. A sharp pain flooded her brain. All she could think about was the excruciating pain in her left thigh. The dagger hit her artery. She had maybe an hour till the lack of blood...well, you know.

"What was Little Miss Piggy crying about today?" Bellatrix pouted wickedly. Serana just whimpered, tears still rolling down her cheeks. Bellatrix painfully and slowly pulled out the dagger from Serana's leg, making Serana tremble.

"What were you crying about?" Bellatrix asked again, running the dagger across our friend's arm. Blood slowly oozed out of her leg and arm. Over and over Bellatrix asked the same question, but Serana never answered, she couldn't answer. So, over and over, Bellatrix carved another line into Serana's skin. That is, until Serana let out an involuntary word. Or should I say, name?

"Sirius," she groaned quietly. Narcissa rushed forward, accidentally pushing her sister to the side. Her dagger slide closer to Serana, who stared at it strangely.

"What did you say? What name did you say?" Narcissa asked, worridly. Serana still didn't answer.

"Tell her what name you said!" Lusious boomed and kicked Serana's side.

"Lusious! This isn't helping!" Narcissa scolded him. With a grunt, he backed down.

"Tell me Serana, what name did you say?" Narcissa whispered. For the first time that night, Serana voluntarily lifted her head.

'She called me Serena. Not Longbottom.'

That's the only thought that came came to Serana's head.

"Serana, did you say my cousin's name?" Narcissa looked straight into the bluish-grey eyes of the lonely Gryffindor, who nodded very slowly. Avery, Dolohov, Lusious, and Yaxley all burst out laughing, they just couldn't stop. But, Regulus, Severus, Rabastan and Rodulohas LeStrange, Bellatrix (who had gotten, once again, onto wet), and Narcissa looked at the girl with pity. Lusious decided he wanted to hurt the girl more, because it's fun! But Serana read him like one of her favourite books.

"Any pain You cause me, won't be near as much pain as he causes me," Serana snapped. Everyone looked at her, dumbfounded.

"What do you mean, Serana?" Narcissa asked, guilt seeping through her entire body.

"The pain that makes me cry, isn't from you. It's not from the blasted silver dagger, or the words you say, or the kicks, punches, spells you guys cast. It's not from the words everyone else says. It's not even the fact that my own brother wouldn't stand up for me back there. It's what he's done to me. I accidentally told him I loved him once," her voice lowered and her eyes became glassy with a far off look,"I thought he liked me too. He did like me too, but I became afraid. No, I've always been afraid. Afraid of falling. So, I ran for help. The only person I could think of, well, that's unimportant right now," but she made the mistake of glancing at Regulus (Bellatrix grabbed his robed and yelled at him for something or other),"He got really mad and he...attacked me. I went silent for months. That is until he sent me a Christmas present. Well, everyone did. But his snapped me out of my trance. The letter said that he loved me," Serana pulled the letter out of her robes, carefully unfolding it,"I believed him. I was happy for a few weeks. My friends came back, so I was going to be happy forever. Then, the first time I saw him after weeks, he was with someone else. Ever since then, he's been mean to me, my friends, my brother. I'm just so confused. And today, just then, he didn't stand up for me when I was being mocked and insulted. He laughed. That...that's why whatever you people do to me, won't hurt. Not one bit. I-" Serana was going to say more, but she saw something that caught her eye. A silver dagger only inches away from her.

"I'm so sorr-" Narcissa started.

"Don't. Just don't," Serana shook her hand and licked up the dagger. She reached, once again, into her robes and pulled out a vail.

"Reg, I promised you I'd never use this," she showed him the green, lumpy stuff, " so I won't." She threw the vail onto the ground and it shattered into billions of pieces. The potion inside quickly evaporated. But all the eyes were still on the dagger in the girl's other hand. They were scared on what she was going to do with it. Her head began to get whoozy and it started to spin. She brought knife to her chest. Everyone was too afraid to move. But before she could push the knife, her hand fell from the knife and her head went limp. The knife bounced on the floor a we Times, snapping everyone from their trance of fear.

"Rani?" Severus gasped and ran to his friend's side. The first thing he did was check her pulse. He sighed with relief.

"We have to get her to the Hospital Wing," he told everyone. He picked up and ran off into the direction of The Hospital Wing. Only Narcissa, Bellatrix, Rodolphus, Rabastan, and Regulus followed.

All the way to the Hospital Wing, Serana muttered a single word 'Sirius'.