A Promise

I appeared in my fireplace. Tears still stung my eyes. I stepped out of the fireplace, my eyes downcast. I sniffled and looked up. Instead of seeing Lily, Jinxy, and Charlie, I saw Mother. My face paled. My eyes widened. My back stiffined.

"Mo...Mother," I stammered.

"Where have you been?" she asked. Her voice was calm, but anger seeped into it.

"Lily, Jinxy, and I just went out-"

"I know you went out with them. They came back and hour and a half ago! They are in your room now, but where were you?" I stared at her, my mouth open.

"I went over to James' house. I needed to talk to-"

"You went over to a boy's house without my permission?!" All the calmness in Mother's voice vansished. I stepped backwards.

"Mother, please, you don't understand. I needed to talk to him. I needed to see him," I said, my lower lip quivering. She glared at me.

"Why? What comfort can a boy give over your own mother?" I stood strighter.

"So, that's what this is about. You're angry that I didn't come to you when I needed to talk. There are somethings you can't help me with. I'm growing up, I'm almost 16. I need to do things for myself-"

"DON'T SPEAK TO YOUR MOTHER THAT WAY!" her voice scared me. I fell over, landing hard on my elbows. The sound of my arm breaking echoed through the house. I let out a shriek.Mother's anger seemd to vanish in a second. She rushed over to me. I groaned and grabbed my arm, rolling onto my side.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, leaning over me. Lily, Jinxy, Charlie, Jackson and Frank were downstairs in seconds.

"We have to get her to a Hospital," Lily said.

"They'll fix you up in a few seconds," Mother said. Tears ran down from my eyes.
"No, No. I want to heal like a muggle. I don't want any stupid magic helping me," I snapped. I blacked out after that. I only had time to see the hurt on my mother's face.

Third POV:

Lily snuck away from the group to tell Sirius. She grabbed a handful of floo powder as Agusta, Ellie, Jackson, Charlie, and Frank loaded a crying Serana into a car. She stepped into the fireplace.

"The Potter's House!" She was there in a few seconds.

"Are you kidding me? This is the second person that has broken into my house!" Lily could hear James' voice from his room. He swung his door open, of which was very near to the fireplace. His eyes widened when he saw her.

"Oh, Lily-pad, it's you. What are you doing at my house at," James glanced over her shoulder to a clock, "$:30 in the morning. Lily bit her lip.

"Serana broke her arm. I just came to tell Sirius. I mean, I think he'd want to know. You did hear that-"

"They're dating? Yes. I heard about that before I heard about the fact that he got kicked out of his house," James sighed, "He's in that room right there."

Lily walked over to it. She glanced back at James, who, she had to admit, looked pretty dang cute in his pajamas and slept on hair. She smiled at him. He smiled back.

Lily knocked on Sirius' door.

"Hullo? Sirius? This is Lily Evans. Serana's broken her arm. She's been calling for you," Lily didn't need to say anymore. She heard a thump, which sounded like Sirius falling out of his bed. She heard a few drawers rustle. Sirius flung the door open before his shirt was all the way on. He ran over to the fireplace and with a swift "Longbottom House," he was gone. James sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.