World On Fire

"He what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He had just finished school and now he was running away to Scotland? "Unbelievable!"

It'd been a year since I left Hogwarts. Now 18 years old, I was free to do almost anything I wanted. I was working on becoming a nurse at Hogwarts rather than saint Mungos. I missed the place and I decided I wanted to work there forever as a nurse and be like Madam Pomfrey. All my friends and I had been staying in touch, except Cissy, Severus, Regulus, and I. I didn't fully understand it, but I knew it had to do with Voldemort.

I had been working with the order a lot more and we invited a lot more people into our group. I don't know most of there names because I'm not often in groups with people other than those i know and know well.  Sirius and I are also on good terms again. Not dating, but good terms. 

Anyway, Jackie had come over to my house the night previously to hang out. I didn't think anything of it, as he did this often. But when he left, he gave me an really long and tight hug and told me he loved me, which he rarely did anymore. I found it odd, but I always found Jackie odd.

Then that morning, Frank run into the book shop, all in a flurry, and says that Jackie left. He says that Jackie left a note that said he was going to live with Charlie in Edinburgh.

Now that you're all caught up to speed...

I ran my fingers stressfully through my hair and turned in circles. I marched over to the sign on the front door of the shop and flipped the open sign to say closed. I walked back to Frank and sighed.

"What do we do?" I asked him. He shrugged and fell into one of the chairs sitting around this place.

"What can we do?" He countered. I sighed with him and copied him, falling into a chair myself. I put my head in my hands.

"Oh, Jackie," I groaned. "He's just a kid! He doesn't know how to live on his own!"
Frank looked at me as I pulled my hands down my face.

"You've lived on your own since you graduated," frank said. I sighed.

"Well, I didn't have a choice." I stayed in my chair as Frank stood up.

"I've gotta go back to Alice. She'll be worried," Frank said. I forgot to mention Alice and Frank got married. I smiled at him. He grabbed my shoulders and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't work yourself too hard, Sis," he said. I scoffed.

"Bye, Baby Brother."

"Bye."

"Flip the sign on your way out, will you?" I called.

"Of course!" i smiled as I heard the door close and the small bell at the top ring. I slouched further into my chair and let out another long sigh. I'd been sighing a lot recently.

To be honest, I was tired. Dead tired. With the Order, the bookshop, and my training, I got hardly any me time. I was about to slouch further, when the door opened and a costumer walked in. I stood in a heartbeat and put on a smile.

"Good afternoon! How may I help you?"

Let's just say, that month was one of the most life changing. A few days after Jackie left, Lily came running into my bookstore. Luckily, I had closed up shop a few minutes previously, so we wouldn't be interrupted. Lily was almost in tears, but they didn't look like sad tears. She was wearing one of her fanciest dresses; a ankle length, glittering royal blue party dress. She was a complete mess and didn't say anything. She simply ran over as fast as she could in her heels and threw her arms around my neck. She was clinging to my neck for dear life mumbling things into my neck. I could only catch a few words like 'colour scheme' or 'cake' or 'relatives'. I pulled her off of me.