XXIV

Ralph

Ralph

"Dominic or Hailey. The choice is yours. One lives, the other dies."

Maribel's words echoed in my mind. She wanted me to choose between the people I loved.

How could I?

"Ralph! I give you ten minutes. Hurry up, or both will die." Maribel glanced at the watch on her wrist.

I wondered how a graceful looking woman like her could be that heartless. She claimed to love me, and here she was going to kill a piece of my soul.

My father was everything to me. He raised me. He took care of me. Whenever I wanted something, he bought it for me. He even let me hit Ace because I was always jealous of him.

"Five minutes."

Hailey was my love. She had my Laura's eyes. The beautiful deep ocean eyes. She was my fiancee. I wanted to marry her and have a future with her.

"Two minutes."

Hailey was with Ace. Ace was a trained soldier. He could outsmart Maribel Serrano.

"Thirty seconds."

"I made my choice," I said, letting out the breath that I was holding.

"That was right on the deadline," she said, smirking at me.

She ran her hand in my dirty blond hair. "Who do you choose?"

"My father," I answered. My father's life was more important than anybody else.

I am sorry, my angel. I did not have a choice. Fingers crossed, your survival depends on Ace.

A/N: This chapter was kept short internationally. This is the end of Ralph's Pov.

 This is the end of Ralph's Pov

Banner credits: Randompeephere