III

Dedicated to Geegervy

"She was an obsession. I wanted her, knowing it would ruin me."

________________
Ralph

Kings, Hailey Kings, the name felt foreign to my tongue. It's been a week, yet I can't get the picture of her face out of my mind. Her innocent face kept on replaying in my mind like sweet childhood memories. Her piercing eyes were like the ocean full of mysteries carrying a storm of unfathomable emotions. They had mixed hues, tints, and shades of blue.

The scarlet tinted cupid-bow lips were like juicy fresh cherries. I wondered how they would taste when I kiss them with passion. Her hair was a river of chocolate, coffee, mahogany, and various shades of blondes cascaded down her hips. Her apple-kissed cheeks were inches away from my fingers, yet I lost the opportunity to touch them.

"Angel, what are you doing to me?"

The buzzing of my phone startled me. I kept my angel's thought aside and picked my phone from the bedside table. I had twenty missed calls from Cole, my best buddy. Without wasting a microsecond, I called him.

He picked the call within a ring. "Cole, I missed the calls, sorry."

"That's alright, underboss."

I sighed. "No formalities between us."

"Fine, you were thinking about her right?" he asked, a wave of exhilaration drenched his voice.

I chuckled. "Yeah, did you got what I asked for?"

"Yes, I'm coming towards your place," he said and disconnected the call.

I strode downstairs the moment I reached down, the ear-piercing sound of the doorbell greeted me. I marched towards the door and rotated the knob. Ever smiling, Cole stood right in front of me. He had tied a bandana with pirate print around his head. He wore sweatpants and a simple navy-blue T-shirt.

He ran towards me and gave me a tight hug. "Ciao!"

"Hi! You got what I asked for."

He sighed. "Here, take this folder." He gestured. I took the folder by his hand.

"Want a drink?"

"Nah! I need to go. Debs waiting at home," he smirked at me, disappearing into nothingness

I went straight to my bedroom; locked the door scattering the contents of the folder on the soft sheets of my king-sized bed. I bounced on the bed; my eyes searched the photographs of my angel with awe. There were some from the masquerade; some from other Mafia party. Most of the pictures highlighted her mother, Miranda. She stood beside her mother like a mere trophy for display.

She was the first woman who didn't let me touch her. She was like a dare I awaited. Her eyes, lips, skin, everything was like an angel. I felt as if she was born for me.

She was the intoxication that I craved. Her eyes reminded me of her-the girl-the girl that I cherished.

Love was a hallucination that drove you mad. A drug that overpowered your senses, clouding your mind in a mist of delusion. Love was the curse that took the very beat of my heart. I tasted the true essence of love; it's nothing but a mere potion of illusion. Love does not exist; it's a weakness that will never touch me again.

I'm a worshiper of beauty, and my angel was the definition of beauty. Her pictures sent sparks down my spine. I craved her more than anything. I wanted to cage her in my arms, away from the world.

I traced her photographs inch by inch; she looked ethereal. I kissed her picture multiple times, wishing it to be her face, her real self.

My heart was about to collapse-I must-have her-I needed her. The society might cackle-name me insane, but I must have her-She might ruin me-I needed her.

The persistent echo of knuckles thwacking against the wooden surface caught my attention. I rolled my eyes. "Who's that?"

"Ralph! It's me." Father's heavy adenoidal voice entered my ear.

I went towards the door. The heavy scent of brandy bedraggled his breath, but he was standing with his back straight. A strange sort of happiness lurked in his emerald-green eyes.

"I've set up everything." Father squeezed me in his arms. The hug was like a warm blanket; I felt like a little child protected in his father's embrace.

"I love you, Dad."

A/N: Thank you for reading this small piece of my imagination. In next update the POV will shift to Hailey. Do share your views. Don't forget to vote.

I'll be dedicating the chapters to all my lovely supporters.