XII

Dedicated to Treasure_in_cave

"I fought all by myself. Pain became my blanket and darkness, my bed."

______________________

Ace

Ralph sent invisible daggers in my direction in the form of icy stares. He acted like a grumpy spoilt brat. I loved to annoy him. In his younger days, he enjoyed making me his punching bag, but every dog has its day, and mine came in a few years. I learned to fight for myself, and Ralph Hernandez got twenty-six stitches because of me.

Dominic made sure I got the best combat training in the world. I spent most of my life training in Russia, China, and Afghanistan. It was not normal training; it was the training that governments gave to undercover agents and spies. He trained me to be Ralph's shadow, and I was assigned the job to protect Ralph by acting as his bodyguard. I suffered the pain that he was supposed to suffer.

My body went through physical injuries; my mind suffered his anxiety. I still remember those days when I cried in pain, and nobody would bother to give me a pain killer. My muscles still ache.

Sleepless nights, tears fading before the first light of dawn; I still remember the silent cry of my soul. I begged to death to suck my soul and burn me in flames. Even death betrayed me, leaving me in the river of my misery. My heart cried for my mother, but she was gone.

I fought, befriending darkness ripped my soul from human weakness.

The father and son will pay. They owe me a debt. I will burn their world into ash and watch them suffer. The small revenge for my stolen childhood and my mom's death.

"Fuck off!" Ralph yelled, clenching his jaw.

Ralph's loud voice brought me out of my thoughts' void. I folded my arms on my chest and stared at him."Underboss, May the foundation of your relationship never fall into a black hole."

He curled his hand into fists and stepped towards me.

Come on, dear brother. I'm dying to see the sight of your blood.

Dominic held Ralph's arm."Ralph! Relax, breathe."

Ralph stepped backward and stood beside his fiance. I recognized her; how can anyone forget her? She had a strange magnetic charm. Ralph would spoil her life. He did spoiled Laura's life. That idiot never understood the significance of love. You can never win the battle of love by force.

The girl wasn't happy; I could see through her facade. I have worn one my whole life; it wasn't tough to see through her. She was going to get engaged, and her eyes were devoid of happiness.

"Ace! Keep watch. Make sure everything is fine," Dominic ordered. He passed me a deadly glare.

"Ace! Make sure nobody attacks Ralph," I whispered, imitating Dominic's adenoidal voice.