II

"Hidden behind that mask, those enigmatic eyes stole my heart

"Hidden behind that mask, those enigmatic eyes stole my heart."

__________________

Ralph

I kept in mind the high-end masquerade ball and chose to wear a shawl lapel suit. It was a perfect fit for my stockier physique. The white suit jacket, lapel, and black bowtie were a perfect classic combination. A light spray of the musk cologne completed my impeccable attire.

"Ralph!"

"Yes, dad, What happened?" I asked, adjusting my bowtie

"Come heavy."

I nodded, sliding the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 2.0 inside the waistband.

"Wait in the car. I'll just bring spare magazines."

He passed me a fish-eating grin and vamoosed into thin air. I apace up the stairs.

I parked the car in the parking area of the Grand dance hall of Plaza Hotel

I parked the car in the parking area of the Grand dance hall of Plaza Hotel. I tucked the spare magazines in case something went wrong.

I would have never attended this Mascherata if Miranda Kings hadn't personally invited dad. Drinks, alcohol, and drugs were nothing new, but the word gentleman never existed in my dictionary. Moreover, soon I'll take my father's position, and I can not risk coming to parties. This was my best chance to enjoy.

In my whole twenty-seven-year-old life, I've made countless foes and only a handful of friends. Various Mafia leaders want me dead. At last, I'm the future heir of the biggest Mafia in NYC, the Hernandez Mafia.

"Ralph," my father said, knocking the car window with his knuckles.

I rolled the car window down and answered, "You go in. I'll come within five minutes. It's a masquerade, don't forget your mask."

He nodded, disappearing in the blink of an eye. I took in a plumbless breath and slided the Venetian Bauta mask on my face. I chose the disguise strategically firstly; it hid my whole face. Secondly, I could drink without taking it off.

Glancing at my drop-dead gorgeous face in the rearview mirror for one last time, I tied the ribbon of the mask tightly. I got out of the vehicle and moved towards the Dance Hall.