VIII

Dedicated to mellowvibes_

Have a look at this:

1) Dominic Hernandez: The Boss

2) Ralph Hernandez: The Underboss

3) Ace Billings: Capo or Caporegime

"There was no such thing as a fair fight. All vulnerabilities must be exploited."

- Cary Caffrey

_________________________
Ace

Ace Billings, your death has arrived." a low voice rumbled in my ear.

I felt the intensity and rigidity of his tone. The icy touch of metal against my forehead sent a rush of adrenaline in my system. The flight or fight hormone awakened my instincts.

"Fucking! Hit him!" My mind barked.

"Don't you dare to do anything stupid, or the bullet will penetrate your skull in seconds." He warned, his breathing uneven.

His warning reminded me of the clichéd dialogues of old Hollywood movies. Ralph was no longer in sight. I bet Dominic had helped Ralph escape at last he was his beloved son, the future heir.

"Fucking! Hit him!" My mind barked again.

Taking one guy down was easy, but he had a gun pointed at my head. He could pull the trigger in seconds, and the bullet would penetrate my brain, leaving my slumped form on the ground. My logic and instincts were fighting each other. I took in a deep breath; lines of sweat trickled down the nape of my neck. They cascaded down my chin.

"Breathe! Distract him."

"Coward! Have guts, then drop the gun," I challenged.

"Shut up!" he hissed, hitting my neck with the back of his gun.

A sharp shock wave spread in my spine. I put on a facade and laughed. "Cowardice! Cowardice! It suits you."

"Your mouth is full of shit. Bitch sired!" He snarled, his voice louder than before.