XXI

"It was unlike anything he had ever experienced

"It was unlike anything he had ever experienced. The pain seemed to stab at him from the inside out. His organs felt like they were shutting down. Everything hurt and there was nothing he could do, but suck it up."

- Jason Medina, The Manhattanville Incident: An Undead Novel

__________________________

Ralph

Dead. I felt dead. The taste of my fresh ferrous blood lingered on my tongue. My vision was blurry, like a lens covered in thick fog. I could hear my shallow breaths; breathing was an effort. My ribs cracked against my chest. The bones of my body cried with agony.

I was able to move my fingers. It was a miracle, a miracle indeed. My shirt was caked with blood. Wounds and cuts of various sizes covered my skin. My body was screaming with each passing hour. It screeched for death. It roared for mercy that I would never get.

One week of endless torture, and yet I was breathing. My captors wanted to savor every scream that came out of my mouth. They never went easy on me.

Last week I was driving home and then, six cars attacked me. That's the only thing that I remember. They knew that I was Ralph Hernandez, but what the heck did they want from me?

"Looks like we didn't break you enough. Did we, Ralph?" The deep male voice laced with a luxuriant Spanish accent said.

I tried to lift my head, but it was a futile attempt. My eyes were heavy. My muscle ached with agony. They had injected something inside my body. I had hallucinations, and my vision betrayed me. Their faces were blurred as if clouds of smoke covered them.

"I asked you something. Did we break you enough, Ralph?"

I did not respond. I could barely move my lips. They were plastered together.

The man walked towards me. He held my chin with his hand. He laughed maliciously as if assessing his new toy. The man traced my hand with a sharp object. It was a knife or probably a machete.

"Let's play a game," he said, "Answer my questions truthfully, and I will tell you who I am." He sliced my finger with the tip of the sharp weapon.

I groaned in pain. The warm blood oozed from the fresh wound.

"Tell me the locations of all your safe houses."

"No."

"Tell me the locations of all your safe houses," he asked again. He dug his nails in my chin. I wanted to push him away and slice his throat with his weapon. But I was chained to a chair like a dog.

"I will never tell you."

He pulled my hair. "Motherfucker, I will find Dominic anyway."

"Then find him." I laughed. He would kill me today or tomorrow. I would never fall on my fucking knees for my fucking life.

Papa was hiding. He was safe and breathing. Angel was with my fucking half-brother Ace. I hated him, but I knew he would keep her safe. He was a trustworthy man, my father's trained beast.

A hard punch landed on my face. My chair wobbled. My head hit the ground with a heavy thud.

God, I never asked for anything from you, today I beg you. Keep Papa safe; keep my Angel safe as well.

The world around me spun. Darkness laughed at me through its malicious teeth as the endless black hole consumed me again.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed reading. Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

So, somebody kidnapped Ralph. Any theory?