Part 1: Chapter 3; The Seraphim

W-W-W-W-W-W-WIFE?! WITH HIM?!

Shinobu's face was beet red as she strained a smile, feeling her heart beat out of her chest simply from the contact of the crimson-tipped boy.

The woman, however, visibly beamed at the news. "Oh! Young love, absolutely beautiful!" she exclaimed, "I'm oh so happy for you, please, let me see the ring!"

Oh, fuck, Shinobu said to herself, R-Ring? I don't-

"Right here, Miss!"

The butterfly girl flinched when she felt Sakusa's arms come off her waist and his body heat pull away, as he reached into his bag and pulled out one of the most elegant rings she had ever seen.

Woah....

Both Shinobu and the woman were mesmerized by the beauty of the ruby that lay atop the golden ring, watching the various rays of light bounce within the breathtaking gem.

That ring.....it's gorgeous..... The young teen gasped in awe.

The woman mimicked the butterfly girl's reaction with stars in her eyes, "Wow....that's a beautiful ring you've got for her....."

"Yes, it is!" Sakusa replied, "I managed to get it for a steal of a price, and now we're simply looking for a place to stay for the night while we travel up to my place up further east of here along the bay coast!"

"Ah, I see, I see," The woman nodded, "Well, I run an inn, so you're more than welcome to come by and spend the night with us!"

"Perfect!"

The woman led the duo down the main street of the city with a quiet hum, but as they turned and passed through each and every little corner and street, Shinobu's anger grew.

That pervert....what was he thinking, calling me his wife.....the day I marry someone like that is the die I give up as a woman.....

Shinobu jogged up to catch the Rage Hashira, and snagged him by the shirt, whispering in his ear with tick marks on her forehead,

"Now just what were you thinking, Kari-san, by calling me your wife~?"

"Don't get cocky, you washboard, I wasn't doing it for my own selfish reasons." Sakusa spat back coldly, "If these people think you're being protected by someone as intimidating as I am, they'll keep away from you."

NOW JUST WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I NEED PROTECTION?!

"Now just what makes you say that, Kari-san~?" Shinobu furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Shut up, I'll tell you later."

Sakusa ignored every attempt from Shinobu to get his attention, from poking, to kicking, to hitting pressure points, but to no avail. So, she simply shut up, and walked alongside the Rage Hashira until they arrived at the inn.

"Alright, now I'll tell you all the shit we need to talk about."

"M-Maybe we should talk about this situation, no~?"

"What situation?"

WHAT SITUATION?!

The situation Shinobu was referring to was the fact that because the woman believed that Sakusa and Shinobu were married, she had given them one room, but even worse, only one queen-size bed to share between them.

"That situation." Shinobu pointed to the bed.

"Unfortunately, I don't know you well enough to feel comfortable sleeping beside you, Kari-san~"