Part 2: Chapter 10; Swing

*OKAY THIS STORY IS FINALLY BACK AND IM HOPING ILL BE ABLE TO START DOING WEEKLY CHAPTERS EVERY THURSDAY/FRIDAY FROM NOW ON*

Clutching his black blade in his hand, blood dripping to the ground beneath his feet, he stood, motionless.

The distant roar of thunder rolling in from the distance could be heard, as clouds began to swarm towards the city.

A thick, familiar metallic taste coated his tongue as it pooled in his mouth, and his vision grew hazy.

Around him, remnants of what were once buildings reduced to rubble, fires and smoke reaching for the skies above.

His breathing was heavy, and his bangs draped themselves over his face as he kneeled on the ground.

Ulir held his right hand out towards the crimson-haired figure, his white hair flowing in the autumn breeze.

"You fought well, I am willing to admit." The emaciated demon said, "I commend you for being at the peak of what mankind can achieve, you truly are a master of your respective method of fighting."

"However, you cannot fight a god and expect anything more than utter defeat. That is what it means to be human in the face of a god."

"Goodbye, Sakusa Kari."

With that, a swirling typhoon of force began to whirl in the Angel's palm, and the fight was over.

"Nngh!"

Ducking under a wild swing and jumping away from an overhead slash of the shadow soldier's blade, Shinobu clicked her tongue.

Tch, there's just no letting up with them!

Staring down the five soldiers before her with her blade in hand, Shinobu dashed towards them, activating an acidic toxin within her hilt.

Insect Breathing, Dance of the Bee Sting ; True Flutter!

The butterfly girl lunged at a soldier and pierced it through the chest, her eyes widening when she felt the resistance of flesh beneath her blade.

These guys aren't intangible!

She shoved off of the soldier's chest and flipped through the air, landing back on another black square as the figure she stabbed collapsed to the floor, melting into the square and vanishing.

Shinobu kept her eyes locked on the remaining four, though.

If I can just get them to come at me one-on-one, this would go by much more smoothly....

The soldiers continued their assault, with a pair dashing ahead and swinging their blades over their heads and bringing them down overtop of her.

Dodging away at the very last second, the other two made their move, slashing repeatedly at the butterfly girl at inhuman speeds.

Parrying and dodging them all gave her no chance to begin a counter as they all worked in unison with one another, each swing followed up by a second.

Ducking under another diagonal slash and delivering a point-blank kick to the shadow soldier's jaw, Shinobu began to pant.

Tsk! Damnit, I'm not getting a chance to do a thing against them!

Her back was now facing the ringleader, who continued to do nothing.

She glanced behind her for a moment.

Hm... she studied them, waiting to see what they would do, They still won't make a move, they've only made these shadow guys and nothing more....