Part 1: Chapter 29; Giant Killer

"A Giant Killer has no guidelines other than what I've said before, but from what I've seen from my family's history, there are a few main forms of Giant Killers we have created."

Sakusa stood before a large board, holding a piece of chalk in the library before both Shinobu and Yae, the latter just wanting to hang out after not being allowed to watch them spar and do physical training the day before.

At first, Sakusa did his whole thing and blew up on her when she followed Shinobu into the library with them.

"OI, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" He barked, pointing to the door.

Unfortunately, before Yae met Tomioka and mellowed out, she was almost as stubborn as a Kari, so she didn't back down as easy she he would have hoped she would.

"DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, YOU BEEFY GORILLA!"

"I'LL TALK TO YOU HOWEVER THE FUCK I WANT, YOU SNOTTY LITTLE BRAT!"

"I'M ONLY A YEAR YOUNGER THAN YOU, YOU GODDAMN MONKEY!"

Cue the consequential fighting, and like a trainer trying to separate two rabid dogs, Shinobu had to smack the duo's heads and scold them in her terrifyingly condescending and predatory fashion.

The second her aura grew dark and chilling, the older teenagers got down on their knees and begged for forgiveness.

Now, though, they were sitting together, listening to Sakusa's lecture.

"First, we have the Giant Killers focused on reversal and redirection of power." He explained, writing the word 'REDIRECT' on the board.

"This form focuses entirely on diverting the power and force of your opponent, one that is stronger than you, right back at them. Depending on who you talk to, a Kari can shift the momentum of their opponent just enough that the entire attack goes berserk, and then they can capitalize on that loss of fluidity and finish them off with one single blow."

"Observe."

Sakusa turned his attention towards Yae and pointed at her, "You, hunter brat, come here."

Grumbling under her breath about how she wasn't a 'hunter brat', Yae complied and sat up, coming into Sakusa's range.

"Put your hand up." He instructed, holding his own up towards her.

"Alright." Yae held her hand up to Sakusa's own, with their fingers lined up against one another's perfectly.

The red-tipped boy turned over to Shinobu and said, "Watch closely." Before turning back towards Yae. "You. Use your other hand to punch me."

"O-Oh, are you sure?" Yae asked, "Won't that hurt you?"

As the tick marks cracked on Sakusa's head, Shinobu cringed in her thoughts.

Oh, Yae, you sweet, innocent, dummy....you might as well have told him that his mother looked like a pig....

"Just do it!" Sakusa barked.

"Okay, okay! Jeez, no need to be so angry...."

The butterfly girl watched on as Yae pulled her arm back and curved her body, winding up for a swing, before suddenly, out of nowhere, she flailed her arm out and missed completely by a mile, almost falling flat on her face with a yelp.

It was so instantaneous, she didn't even get to see what happened.

W-What?

Yae seemed to be just as confused, looking back at Sakusa with a bewildered look on her face.