Part 1: Chapter 32; Climax

*For those of you who don't know what Yae looks like here ya go rip bb*

"CAW! CAW! KILLED IN BATTLE! KILLED IN BATTLE!" The crow flying above the battleground that was Nagasaki screeched,

"DEMON SLAYER YAE HAS BEEN KILLED IN BATTLE!"

For the female demon that heard this news, it was nothing at all. She shrugged, and slashed the crow in half with one crack of her whip.

"Hm. There. Now the noise is done~" Razel said to herself, visibly amused.

But to the girl in the darkness that was her opponent, it was like a bomb dropped down on her.

Her eyes, cloaked by the shadows of the alleyway from the revealing moonlight, flared open from the bolt out of the blue, the horrific news that her newfound friend had lost her life.

She clutched her needleblade with a ferocity unlike anything before her fight, and just like that,

Shinobu's planning went out the window.

*One Month Prior to Nagasaki Invasion*

"Listen, Kocho."

Sakusa lay in the shallow water at the basin of the waterfall with his hands behind his head, while the butterfly girl sat beside him with her knees pulled to her chest.

It was the afternoon of a long day of training, and while the crimson-tipped teen needed to cool off after using his blood control ability for too long, leaving him overheated from exertion, Shinobu needed no such treatment, and sat down beside him.

"Mhm? What is it, Saku-san?" The butterfly girl asked, turning towards the boy to her left.

"So, I know this hasn't been on our minds for a while," the boy said, letting out a sigh as he leaned up out of the water and planted his hands behind him, sitting upright.

"But," Sakusa continued, "We're gonna need to start thinking of a plan for when we face Irire and Razel again."

Shinobu instantly felt her anger bubble up inside her when she heard that name.

The Archangel that stabbed, beat and berated her brought out a newfound rage within her, one that remained even after so much time apart.

"Ah...I see." Shinobu replied in a flat tone.

"Mhm." Sakusa turned his head towards the butterfly girl beside him and said, "We're definitely going to fight those two again if we head back to Shimabara or even Nagasaki, it seems like this region is their hunting grounds, so we're bound to run into them sooner or later."

"I just want to you to get out alive the next time you and Razel fight."

Shinobu still annoyingly felt her heart flutter even at the slightest sweet thing Sakusa told her. Even if it was a month since he woke up and since she began to call him Saku, with moments here and there that were still left in her mind, she still hadn't gotten used to his unintentional heartwarming remarks and actions.