Part 1: Chapter 23; Demonic

"BURN, ROT AWAY, YOU WILL DIE FOR YOUR SINS AGAINST FATHER!"

Almost as if a switch in her head had been flipped on, Razel's sadistic personality had been replaced with a hysterical insanity bordering on mindlessness as the female demon possessing Sakusa's body held her functioning hand towards the female duo, with Shinobu's eyes shooting open in surprise when a tulip tattoo formed on the palm.

Oh, crap!

"Yae, get down!"

"BLOOD DEMON ART; BLEEDING PAROXYSM!"

Shinobu blitzed forward and tackled the gun-wielding hunter off her feet, narrowly dodging a scarlet cannon blasting right past them and hitting the house behind them, blowing its remnants into smithereens.

The female duo jumped back to their feet in seconds, with Shinobu still wincing and holding her side in pain.

"Woah, holy shit, is that what this demon can do?" Yae muttered in amazement. The female hunter's shock shifted right into a firm glare directed at the female demon in Sakusa's body standing before them, however, and she took a step towards her, before a hand on her shoulder stopped her.

"Huh?"

"Yae...wait...listen to me..." Shinobu said, squeezing Yae's shoulder, "This...isn't a demon....Kari-san is still.....in there....."

Suddenly, the butterfly girl collapsed, and Yae gasped as she fell into her arms.

"Miss Kocho!" She exclaimed, "You need to get up, come on!"

"I'm.....fine....Yae...just need a breather..." Shinobu weakly replied, coughing up blood into her hand.

Damnit....I'm in no condition to fight at all......I can't let a civilian with a couple of nichirin bullets handle an Upper Moon demon.....

"Yae...listen to me...." The butterfly girl continued, "Kari-san.....is still in there....the moon will tell you how much time you have until Kari-san becomes a demon, but until then.....he is still human, so just hold on and wear him down until I recover enough to continue fighting....."

"Hm." Yae nodded firmly, "I can do that."

"Perfect, thank you, Yae."

The Hashira's thanks meant alot to the hunter girl, and she broke out into a soft smile in response.

"Yeah, don't mention it, Miss Kocho."

Setting the smaller girl down and clutching her gun to her chest, Yae turned back towards Sakusa's body, a new energy and determination surrounding her as she stared Razel down.

Cocking her gun, Yae called out and said, "Oi. Demon. You're in Mister Kari's body, aren't you?"

"Pft, and what if I am, you disgusting little shit?!" Razel barked back, "He belongs to Father now, just like I belong to him!"

"You....belong to your father? Are you his slave or something?" Yae crinkled her nose in disgust.

"What Father and I have goes beyond your petty words, you brat!"

"........so like incest?"

"DIE!" The female demon jerked her hand out towards the hunter girl and cried,

"BLEEDING PAROXYSM!"

Another crimson blast shot out of Razel's hand, but this time, Yae was ready, and ducked low, letting it pass right over top of her. In a split second, the hunter girl aimed her rifle and fired off another shot, this time the bullet whizzed right past the female demon's cheek, grazing Sakusa's vein-lined face.