Part 1: Chapter 16; Raging

"Huh? Concentrate my anger?"

Sakusa nodded, "That's right, brat. Concentrate your anger, give your emotions direction, and you can use them to grow stronger."

The duo sat down after a long day of training together the day prior to the fight, sitting under a tree with the food they had bought during their lunch break.

Sakusa, of course, had tempura and riceballs in his lap, while Shinobu made the mistake of buying fresh fish from the docks and expecting it to stay fresh if she kept it out of the sun.

When they had finally stopped their sparring and training to eat, it was nothing but wrapped up, lukewarm, mushy filets.

She flashed Sakusa a smile, saying "Ah, well, it can't be helped, I wasn't even that hungry anyways~!"

On the inside, though, she was weeping softly on the ground in a fetal position.

Uggghhhh.......I spent a good amount of money on that fresh fish, and now it's all gone to waste.....

As the taller man on her left ate his food, he proceeded to explain his thoughts.

"So, Kocho,"

"Mhm?"

"You know how when you're pissed off, you experience all those different changes to your body?"

The ravenette nodded, her eyes fixed on the boy's crotch with drool threatening to pool out of her mouth.

Mmmmmm.....food......

Sakusa, though, quickly caught her gaze and ever so slightly blushed a shade of pink.

"O-Oi!" He sputtered with a flustered face, "Quit being such a pervert, if you're gonna do that stuff at least don't make it so obvious!"

"Eh?" Shinobu was visibly confused, but after a few seconds, her eyes shot open and she burst into a flustered mess.

"I-I WASN'T-

"W-Whatever!" Sakusa interrupted, averting his gaze and glueing it to the ground,

".....a-as long as I don't notice, y-you're free to do what you want....."

Shinobu's mind went blank.

.....eh?

Is Kari-san.....

"Are you a submissive and like being spied on or something, Kari-san?"

"WHA-!?"

Brushing off the question with a flustered sigh, Sakusa composed himself and continued his explanation.

He didn't give a concrete answer, though, much to Shinobu's amusement.

"Ahem, l-look, brat. I'll try and make this shit as easy as possible for you to understand. When you're angry, your heart rate spikes, increasing your blood flow, and your mind can end up going blank and empty if you let it, increasing your concentration."

"Rage is nothing like you believe it to be. You can control it and repress it to an extent, but when it comes to you, I doubt you have the practice and skill that is necessary to do anything but cover it up with that other personality you use as a mask."

H-How did he know I use a personality to cover it up too?

"E-Erm, I guess, haha..." Shinobu awkwardly chuckled. She didn't have a clue what to say to the mild dig at her, so she simply kept her mouth shut.

"Well, think of it this way." Sakusa continued, "Think of the anger inside of you like a river. On your own, you can't stop it, it's too strong for you and your....tiny body."