Intermission: Inosuke the Tsuguko; Sakusa's Home

"Oi! Oi! OIIIIII!!"

"Oh, my FUCKING GOD, what is it, boar boy?!"

Inosuke flinched slightly at the man's outburst, but let out a huff in reply and darted his head in the other direction, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Pff....nothing."

Sakusa visibly shook with irritation.

Ugh, you're such a nuisance.....

The Rage Hashira spent the next few moments walking alongside Inosuke, silence hanging thick overtop the two demon slayers as the bamboo-lined trail kept continuing on for what looked like hours.

Inosuke didn't want to admit it to the man who was his 'Master' at this point, but he was getting hungry.

Under normal circumstances, he would have complained all he wanted about his rumbling stomach, but to the man who beat him to a pulp without so much as breaking a sweat, he couldn't afford to show weakness.

So, he made a well-thought, excellently-devised, utter genius plan as the two walked down the path;

Annoy Sakusa until he needed a break so he could eat.

So far, not much luck.

The first few times, Sakusa (quite literally) flicked Inosuke away, sending him toppling over and into the dirt, told him to screw off, or threw his blade handle-first into his head.

Soon enough, though, the man's wafer-thin patience faded out and he began to bark and react to his endless nagging.

Inosuke was going to get his well-warranted mealtime soon enough, and it brought a grin to his face beneath his mask.

Or so he thought.

Inosuke jogged back up to where Sakusa was, and this time, decided to start pulling on his haori to get his attention.

hehhehehehehe this is really gonna wind him up this time...

"Oi, oi, oi, chain man, oi, oi, oi, chain man, oi, oi, oi, chain ma-

The boar boy felt a sharp whack on the back of his neck, and almost instantly, he collapsed to the ground.

Inosuke's eyes fluttered open, and sitting only a couple metres away from him, Sakusa was eating tempura and cold soba on a rock off the side of the pathway.

His mouth watered at the sight of food, and Inosuke instinctively made a break for it, only to get nowhere at all.

Huh? What the fuck- OI!

"OI, CHAIN MAN, WHY AM I TIED UP TO A ROCK?!" Inosuke screeched, steam pudding out of his nose as he tried to shake himself off the side of the boulder.

"Because you got way too annoying for your own good, you little fuckhead." Sakusa bluntly replied through the food in his mouth.

Inosuke, having seen the pile of food specifically for him right beside the crimson-haired man on the rock, quickly grew desperate. "OI, RELEASE ME NOW, BASTARD, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU STUPID OLD MAN, YOU LITTLE DEMON, I'LL KILL YOU! GAHH- o h-

"Shut up."

Sakusa ended up smacking Inosuke across the neck again and rendered him unsconcious, letting him eat his food in peace.

When Inosuke awoke, he wasn't chained to a rock this time, but was being carried over Sakusa's shoulder with a rope tying his limbs together.

As expected, Inosuke immediately began to struggle, kicking and screaming like a toddler, yelling about how he's hungry and as the God of the Mountains, he should not be swung over someone's shoulder, and that Sakusa should fight him for the rights to the rest of the rations the Rage Hashira provided.