Part 2: Chapter 11; Rath

*I got grounded :)*

*I think I'm just never gonna put another schedule together because holy fucking shit balls I can't ever catch a goddamn break anymore and it's so ANNOYING*

My name, is Kuma Hisashi.

I am the Angel of the Seventh Day.

The weakest of our group.

I despise fighting, the blood on my hands, the feeling of bone colliding with fists and the knowledge that one must break for the other to keep moving forward.

I despise it all.

I despise my leader, but I serve him regardless, so he hasn't killed me for my dislike of him just yet.

I don't have the strength to kill him anyways, so there would be no point.

There's only one reason I'm in this makeshift group of seven demon generals, and that is you,

my younger brother.

The bear howled into the night as its hand combusted into black. Shinobu crawled back to her feet and off of the ground where she lay, wiping the blood off of her mouth with the back of her haori as she winced in pain.

She watched as the bear roared in agony, tumbling over to one side and falling dead with its tongue falling out of its jaw.

"Ha...ha....ha....", she panted, "I...got...him...."

I managed to pierce its paw the moment it swiped at me, but I couldn't divert any of the force and keep myself from taking any damage....

As she got back to her feet, Shinobu continued to hold her side.

Tch, I think I cracked a rib when I was hit, this isn't looking good....

She darted her head back towards her foe who stood on the other side of the black grid that was their battleground, who stood motionless with their hand removed from their right arm.

The black demon had no reaction to their fallen summoning, only glaring back into the eyes of the ravenette they fought.

Shinobu brought up her guard, and shuffled cautiously towards her foe. Keeping her eyes peeled for any oncoming attacks and pushing her instincts to their limits, she continued to close the distance.

"So," the butterfly girl spoke up, "You no longer have any more of your soldiers on the field, and your bear was pumped with my very own explosive toxin designed to combust and corrode you demons from within, so what's next~?"

Her eyes shifted to slits as she teasingly continued on. "Are you going to summon more soldiers, bring another beast into the fray,"

"Or are you going to face me now, and fight one-on-one~?"

Selir only tilted their head slightly in reply, keeping their silence. Despite that, however, they raised their left hand perpendicular to themselves, and their arm rapidly morphed into an immensely long single-edged black sword, piquing Shinobu's surprise.

Oh?

The ravenette closely studied the weapon for a brief moment, raising an eyebrow to it.

It's.....an odachi, but at least another 30 centimetres longer than what it normally is....

This guy is going to fight with a two-metre long blade?

Selir's next movements were an upwards swing of their gigantic weapon, before swinging it around as effortlessly as Shinobu spun her lightweight katana, rolling it through their fingers and flicking it across their wrists as if it was nothing more than a toy.