Part 2: Chapter 5; Smile For Me

*.......I fell asleep.

I'm not even joking.

I fell asleep and forgot to post this chapter until the next day.

It was done.

I forgot all about it.

I'm sorry.

It's out the NEXT DAY,

B U T

I d i d have it done the 30th like I said I would*

"Woah, talk about skimpy..."

"Yeesh, is that what she has to wear to keep a man like that...."

"Fufu, wonder if I can get my wife to dress like that~..."

The more whispers and comments were made about her less-than-ideal clothing as Shinobu walked alongside her redhead mission partner, the more and more she crept back into her shell.

The butterfly girl tried to hide behind her haori and keep her composure as much as possible, but she was definitely fighting a losing battle.

She clicked her tongue in her thoughts as she held Sakusa's arm, her smile threatening to fade into a bitter scowl.

Tsk, for fuck's sakes, it's not like I want to be wearing this.....

Without realizing it, the butterfly girl clung closer to the boy's arm.

Someone noticed though.

"Oi. What's the matter, Kocho?"

"Eh?"

Shinobu glanced upwards on impulse to see the boy she was clinging to looking down on her with a sympathetic eye and furrowed eyebrows, a look that only worsened the effects she felt overcome her when it came to this infuriating boy.

Despite the fact that she proudly declared that they were each other's for the night, it wasn't as if she wasn't nervous, stressed, or even uncomfortable how she was now.

He could still grind the world to a halt with that look in his eye, it only grew more powerful when she could practically feel the concern emit from his very skin like a heat off of a furnace.

The fact that he cared just as much as she reluctantly did was one of the most aggravating parts of him for her.

The butterfly girl couldn't help but break down with a click of her tongue, her smile fading from her lips as she unconsciously pulled her haori closer to her chest.

"I.....guess you can say I'm not used to being like this...." Shinobu muttered, letting out a half-hearted chuckle at the end of her sentence.

Sakusa furrowed his eyebrows at her once more, clicking his tongue. "Tch, then you shouldn't have put it on, you dummy." The redhead said to her in a soft, firm tone.

God, even his voice sounds so caring....asshole....

They stopped walking, and the Hashira of Rage stepped in front of her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Look, just let me help you, Kocho."

The butterfly girl bit her lip in indecision. She didn't want to make this out to be such a big deal, not after she spoke of such forward words just before they left. She was turning 17 soon, she was no kid anymore. Kanroji was only a year older than her, and she could wear clothes like this without any difficulty.