Part 2: Chapter 8; Battle Through the Streets

*For anyone curious to know, you will be reaching the end of Part One of Butterfly : Shinobu Kocho!

There will be only a handful more parts before I conclude this part of the story and begin plans for Part Two, so just a heads up that this story is almost over :)

Ou and an indefinite hiatus will follow as I want to get at least five or six chapters done before releasing the next part so you lot have a good portion to read and I get a break from writing for a little while lol*

Shinobu clenched her jaw, keeping her needle blade pointed at the steward demon staring her down that night.

Streetlights and homes lined the brick road they fought on, with Sakusa and Mai having run off already.

She was alone.

As the demon pointed his jaw appendage towards the Hashira before him, and the eyes on the crocodile's jaw darted themselves towards her, Shinobu grew even more uneasy, and clicked her tongue.

"My, my, Miss, wouldn't you say that this encounter is, hm, a little...bland~?" The steward hummed, touching his chin with his other hand.

"I don't know what you mean by that, unfortunately, demon." Shinobu replied.

"I mean,"

The Cherub grinned in delight as he vanished from the ravenette's sight, and suddenly appeared running behind her.

Shinobu's eyes shot open and she jerked her head around in shock.

H-How did he-

"Let's go chase down the others~!" The Cherub called out.

As the Cherub dashed away almost as quickly as she could, the Insect Hashira broke out into a sprint behind them.

There was a problem though,

Damnit, this guy's fast!

Bounding off of buildings and toppling streetlights and not hesitating to throw unsuspecting civilians into the fray as Shinobu ran behind him, the Cherub's speed matched her own blistering pace as she was now.

Not only that, She begrudgingly admitted to herself,

But that arm is making things even more difficult...

The Cherub slammed his right forearm into the side of a three-story building and scaled it entirely in a second, putting even more space in between them.

Shinobu leapt as high as she could and caught him in her view once more, but so far not enough progress had been made, if anything,

This guy is just getting faster and faster the longer we go on-

"DIE!"

A massive explosion to her right a few blocks away alerted her instantly.

W-What was that?!

Suddenly, a duo of figures suddenly popped out from the streets below and onto the rooftops as well, one with blonde hair and a crocodile jaw on her arm and another with a pair of broadswords chained to his waist flailing behind him in the wind.

Sakusa! Shinobu beamed.

Flames trailed behind her partner as the Hashira of Rage pursued his target like a predator, barreling through rooftops and objects thrown his way as Mai threw chunks of debris and pieces of the buildings directly into his path.

As she watched on, however, the butterfly girl saw what her partner's solution to this was.

"GUWAGH, PHOENIX SQUALL!"