Part 2: Chapter 12; Breaking Point

"Y-You....want to kill your father?!"

Shinobu Kocho gawked in disbelief at the grinning blonde Archangel standing in front of her, uncertain of what to even make of his bold statements.

"Fufu~, did my answer shock you, Miss Shinobu~?" Gadjiel stifled a chuckle behind his pale hand, razor-sharp claws adorned atop every fingertip. His malicious aura refused to dissipate as he lowered his hand and took a step towards Shinobu, a step which the teenager took back in kind.

T-This demon....wants to kill Sephir?!

"Tell me, why would you ever want to do that?" Shinobu demanded to know.

The idea that one of Sephir's own trusted guard, the seven demons with the powers to rival the Upper Moons, would have the desire to kill him completely perplexed her. Why would someone- no, why would Sephir's own son wish to end his life? Was this a ploy to lower her guard and strike her down when she least expects it?

"Ah, well, that's quite the difficult question to answer, young lady~." Gadjiel told her. The blonde demon crossed his arms and hummed in thought, raising a finger to his chin and tapping it slightly, in thought. "Hmm.....let's see,"

The demon paused with a sigh, before saying, "I....do not have the best memories of my father. By definition, he isn't my true fatherly parent, that one was slaughtered along with dozens more during a raid of my village in eastern Europe. My father lay waste to every home, every family, every child, every friend I ever had,"

"Except me, and my mother." As Gadjiel continued to speak, Shinobu furrowed her eyebrows at his reaction. His eyes seemed to dullen and fade, as he stared into the horizon past her. The way he spoke seemed automated, as if he was a robot reciting a message to her.

"He found us huddled in the corner of the small hut we called home," He said emptily, "With my mother softly whispering lullabies to me as I wailed in her arms, with horrified tears streaming down her cheeks...right then and there, he jabbed his fingers into our chests, and pumped us with his blood....my mother, she could not handle so much at once, and her body rejected such a strong stimulation of the senses.....I myself barely managed to withstand the agony his unimaginable power brought me..."

Suddenly, he shook his head and brightened back up.

"Ah, but, I don't feel any hatred for him for that, in all honesty."

"Huh?"

"Mh." Gadjiel nodded to further his point. "I don't despise my father for changing me or wiping my village out. No, that was his choice, it was all in an effort to achieve his dream of becoming a god capable of ruling over heaven and hell."

"H-Heaven....and hell?" Shinobu mumbled.

"Ah, let me explain." Gadjiel replied,

"When I say the word 'heaven', what I mean is the realm of the day, the realm in which the humans dwell and prosper. The realm in which no demon can set foot in, lest they be burned into nothing more than a pile of ash. Hell, on the other hand, is the realm in which the demons and creatures of the night prowl and hunt, where no human in the state of Japan can ever consider themselves completely safe. Heaven is the bane of demons, and Hell is the bane of humans."

"Muzan Kibutsuji has the goal of overcoming both realms with only himself in mind, where he will once again be able to walk among your kind without having to cower in the shadows. My father, on the other hand, wishes to rule these two realms on all four corners of the world, dominating over both lives which walk the earth as the one true God."

Gadjiel let out a short snort of amusement as he jokingly said, "Call it a savior complex, a god complex or an inferiority complex against Kibutsuji, but my father wholly believes he is truly destined to be the one above all."