Part 1: Chapter 17; A Choice to Make

The explosion shook them both.

Sakusa's eyes widened in his shock, and Irire's golden orbs reflected his surprise when he jumped back out of the Hashira's grip, his eye regenerating almost instantly.

The Rage Hashira darted his head in the direction of the blast, and the smoke and dust rising up alerted him.

The beach!

Irire, though, let out a low, bellowing chuckle and put his hands on his hips as a smug grin formed on his cheeks.

"Fufu, well, seems like someone's finally begun to show her true colours~"

Sakusa immediately jerked his head around with a furious scowl on his cheeks and spat,

"Oi! The hell are you talking about?! Tell me what just happened, or I'll gut you where you stand!"

"Hngh, did you forget already," Irire chuckled with an empty, chilling tone, "Kari boy?"

In an instant, a large, frightening toothy smile grew on the old man's scarred face as his eyes shot wide, and instantly, Sakusa knew something horrible was going on.

"Kari boy, don't you remember? The weak are to fight the strong tonight~!!!"

Sakusa froze instantly as his eyes grew as large as dinner plates, with his stomach sinking to his feet.

Wait, does he mean-

"O-OI, ARE YOU TELLING ME-

"You've spent so much time focusing on me, boy, when I haven't even been the one you should fear!" Irire's grin grew wider and wider as he pointed to the wings on his back, "Just what do you think these things mean, huh?!"

"The more wings you've got on your back, the higher rank you are among Father's Archangels!"

S-Shit, shit, shit, fucking shit!!

Sakusa's breathing began to grow heavy as panic set in, the grip on his blood-soaked blades growing tighter and tighter as adrenaline kicked in.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, is he saying-

"YOU'RE FINALLY STARTING TO GET IT, AREN'T YA~?!" The old demon howled with mania written across his face,

"THAT BRAT OF A DEMON IS THE ARCHANGEL OF THE FIFTH DAY, EVEN STRONGER THAN ME! YOU JUST SENT THE WEAK LITTLE GIRL TO HER INEVITABLE DEATH~!!!"

K-KGH!

As the dust kicked up and the blast hurtled through the air, Shinobu bounced across the ground like a skipping stone across the water as blood spurred out of her mouth, the butterfly girl just barely managing to scramble to her feet, panting with aching ribs and blurry vision.

Wha-...what....the hell....where did this power come from.....

It was almost like a switch was flipped within the female demon's head as she swayed her hips from side to side, walking slowly with a confident smirk on her red lips.

The snake she held in her hand was now wrapped tightly around her arm once again, with the tail embedding itself in her wrist its fangs digging into her upper collarbone as the viper clamped down on Razel's skin.

"Now, now, Shinobu, you don't need to continue if you don't like~," the female demon said with a false smile, "Father is not that interested in you to begin with, so if you're willing to just give up and let me go have fun with that boy over there, I'll spare you~"

Shinobu, panting and wincing from the pain in her ribs, was still as angry as ever.

Screw....you....you cocky demon!