Part 1: Chapter 22; A Violet Thread

"Hm....the Amethyst Sonata...."

From the distance, standing atop a Buddhist temple high in the peaks of Mt. Unzen, Irire watched on with a firm frown on his lips, looking up at the tinted moon in the night, narrowing his eyebrows at the sight.

"I'm impressed, Razel," He muttered to himself, clutching his sheathed katana in his hand,

"I'm impressed that you had managed to concoct a Demon Art so formidable....."

"The Blood Demon Art; Amethyst Sonata is complex, and unpolished, almost like a diamond in the rough, but if you can evolve it to something more than it is now before we face Muzan, you might become stronger than the Three Guardians, you sadistic fuck...."

"There are many steps that come with your Art," The old demon explained, "But it all revolves around your blood."

"You have to infect your target with your blood, which in the case of Demon Slayers and humans, means certain demonification, which, you managed to find a loophole around.....all you do is get your blood into their system, and make the connection between your body, and the body of your target, using the fractions of your being that come off the blood from the tattoos on your palms to form that link, or.....I guess since it's your Art,"

"That violet thread within your palms."

"Within your palms once you activate that Art is a purple thread that symbolizes your conscious connection with the pieces of yourself in your target, and your main body, and as you pull that thread apart with your palms, the space surrounding you begins to pull itself within the thread, while the same happens to the space around your target, and once it snaps,"

"Your consciousness shoots into your blood, and your regeneration begins almost instantly."

"It takes a long time for enough of your blood to regenerate on its own so that you even have enough of yourself to begin the shift in your consciousness, and your victim can become a demon before you even get the chance to start your Art, not to mention your real body detonates and ceases to exist once you perform it, making it a very risky and imperfect Art. It takes time and even a little luck to set up, but, when once the Amethyst Sonata hits, they become nothing but a husk for you to take over, no matter the strength of the Hashira, and no matter the willpower they have to resist you. That is the benefit of the Amethyst Sonata. When it hits, it's inescapable, and taking someone over is inevitable."

Letting out a huff, Irire spread his wings, and flew off into the night, leaving behind the countless bloody corpses of the followers of the temple in his wake, half-eaten and lifeless on the ground.

Hm....you very rarely use that Art, since you only recently acquired it, so I have no idea the limits of what you can do with it, but.....

I can say with confidence that you're going to have killed both Hashira by the end of the night.

The smirk, the new scarlet tint to his lips, the violet tips of his midnight black hair, and the murderous bloodlust soaking a now-golden eye glaring at her, not to mention the new pair of fangs in his mouth, all told Shinobu everything she needed to know.

K-....Kari-san.....

....you've become a demon.....

Yae looked on with a terrified look on her face, holding her hand over her mouth as she watched Sakusa walk his way down the steps of the front yard, his jaw hanging limp with a maniacal smile creeping up on his lips as the purple light shone down on him.

"M-.....Miss Kocho...." The hunter girl murmured, "Mister Kari......he's been turned into a d-demon, hasn't he?"

"Yae, listen to me very carefully."