Part 2: Chapter 7; Cherubim

*Present Day*

The ravenette Hashira took a long, deep breath, taking in the breeze and light of the morning sun.

Sitting atop her Butterfly Mansion rooftop with her hands planted behind her, Shinobu kept her smile up as she gazed at the view from the top.

The sun peaked over the flurry of green coming from the tips of the trees, and the golden hue felt warm on her face.

It was a nice sunrise.

If she was to be honest, however, there were some downsides.

The butterfly girl let her breath go, closing her eyes for a moment as she tilted her head towards the clear skies above.

Hm......

Her smile slowly shifted into a small pout.

I miss him.....

The butterfly girl furrowed her eyebrows as she recalled the moments of the night before, however.

The talk she had with Tanjiro Kamado was the very reason she stayed up on that rooftop the entire night.

Her violet eyes slowly widened again, though still remained slits as her pout faded away, and her lips parted by only the smallest of distances.

Tanjiro.....

My sister's dream......maybe it can live on with you......

A night after a long day of training followed with meditation atop the Butterfly Mansion for the redhead demon slayer.

Tanjiro was the only one to continue his training by this point, with Zenitsu quitting after a week or so of training alongside him.

At first, the blonde boy couldn't have been more excited to train after finding out that most of it consisted of playing tag with a girl (a game where the blonde perv could touch and grope under the façade of it being part of the game), getting your body stretched and bent every which way by Sumi, Naho and Kiyo (where the blonde perv could be sat on by girls), and the tea game that tested their reaction speeds (a game where the blonde perv could touch Aoi and Kanao's hands).

But now, after seeing the futility in facing the butterfly sister in training, he gave up.

"Don't worry, Tanjiro!" Zenitsu spun around and flashed a bright smile with a large thumbs-up and a wink as he ran out of the training dojo, "I'll keep reading the records and tell you if I can find anything that will help you on your journeys!"

Hmph...last time I checked, you hadn't told me a thing since you told me that, Zenitsu, you've always had your nose into the books by the time I came back from training, Tanjiro thought to himself atop the rooftop with a frown.

Though, he couldn't deny that he wasn't reading himself.

Despite the fact that Sakusa's calligraphy was godawful and Shinobu's was immaculate, the redhead actively enjoyed taking the time to read up on the experiences of the mission when he had the energy to.

Neither boy actually had any idea of the damage Nagasaki went through a year ago, after they thought about it, which was surprising.

It was honestly, though, incredibly daunting to even read about the monsters he would inevitably facing in the future.

Even just facing a low-ranked Kizuki almost killed me and put me in recuperation for over a month at this point, but to face demons powerful enough to rival the Upper Ranks.....I mean, two demons alone managed to wipe out so many people from such a densely populated city.....