16.

Through the year, Meli didn't really pay attention to the Sirius Black situation.

It didn't affect her directly and the only thing that caught her attention was when she heard the story of Weasley screaming and running around terrified of the criminal. That was bloody funny. After the event she started being more carful when she was somehow alone in the school's hallway but she wasn't half as anxious as Jane. No mater how many times Meli tried to explain to her that the murderer was clearly interested in the Gryffondor house only, the brunette still insisted on staying inside their dorm after the sun went down.

Meli understood her friend but she could not restrain herself and still went out at least once a week, alone, to the astronomy tower. Draco and Blaise didn't want to admit it but they were scared too and none of them agreed to go with her. She didn't mind though.

Her steps echoed on the cold stairs of the tower. She walked all the way up and arrived at the very top, the wind making her hair fly a little on her back. They were at the end of winter, the temperature rising every day but it was still cold at night. Meli was wearing pijama pants and an old oversized turtleneck to protect herself from the cold.

She walked calmly to one of the window around her and looked at the Hogwart grounds. The moonlight was illuminating the Black Lac and the atmosphere was calm, like if at this hour of the night, the world stopped, sat still for the few people still awake to appreciate the silence and the beauty of the darkness surrounding them.

Meli leaned over the window, head in her hands, observing the stars. She spotted Draco. The constellation was shining at the same place the boy pointed, at the beginning of the year. Moving her head, she spotted Sirius, the brightest of them all, looking down on her like. Meli chuckled. It was time for this year at Hogwart to finish and for Black to be caught.

The temperature dropped around Meli, confusing her. Her pants and long sleeve shirt were not enough to block the coldness of the air anymore. She looked around and her eyes finally found the cause of these changes.

A few meters in front of her, floating, was a Dementor.

The girl locked eyes with what she assumed to be the creature's face and all the warmth left in her body felt like it was sucked out. The Dementor came closer and even though every cells of her being screamed at her to run, she couldn't move. Just like the warmth before, all feeling of happiness left her body to be sucked in by the flying creature. Her legs began to shake and she fell to the flore, arching her back under the Dementor's kiss. As every ounce of joy flew to the Dementor's mouth, she heard footsteps running up the stairs and someone screamed.

"EXPECTO PATRONUS"

The last thing Meli saw before passing out was a bright blue light pushing the Dementor away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An horrible headache hit Meli the instant she woke up. She opened her eyes slowly and groaned. She was at the infirmary. Again.

Second thing she did after opening her eyes was looking around her. Madame Pomfrey was at the other side of the room, bring a plate with fuels and medicaments. Professor Dossi was there to, looking like wanted anything but to be in this situation. Professor Dumbledore, a calm expression plastered on his face. At her right there was Professor Lupin, talking to a dark-haired boy. The boy had his back turned to her and his hand were fidgeting while he talked.

"-thats when i heard her scream. It was horrifying. I think it must have sounded like what Harry heard before passing out on the train. So i ran up and-"

"Louis?" asked Meli, still not fully conscious as the headache was till making her ears ring slightly.

The Griffondor boy snapped his head over his shoulder, a worried expression on his angelic face. "Oh Merlin, Meli how do you feel?"