4.

The slytherin common room was full at this time of the evening. Students were studying, or at least trying to, and talking. Meli was sitting on the floor while Jane was braiding her hair. The door open and closed and suddenly the whole room was silent. Draco Malfoy just came in. He walked over where the two girls were sitting, completely ignoring the numerous pairs of eyes following his mouvements.

The teenage boy arrived to the couch and placed his hand on Jane's shoulder.

"Go away Malfoy, we're angry." Jane said, shrugging him away.

"Jane, just let me talk to-"

"Ok, shut up for one second please."

Jane leaned over Meli's head. She whispered something and Meli whispered back.

"Did you say sorry to the girl?" asked Jane.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah, I did."

"Okay, come here."

Jane proceeded to place her friend's hair in Draco's hand, giving him her place. She left and gave all the other Slytherins a menacing glare, making them look away and start talking again.

"Lisent Meli im really sorry for saying that. I didn't mean to make you angry." said Draco, braiding her hair. He learned to do it during one of the many sleepovers he was invited to since the age of nine.

"You cannot keep saying things like that anymore Draco, it's horrible." she said.

Meli hated that part of Draco. She thought it was funny to annoy Harry Potter and his groupies because, well, she kinda hated them. But she hated even more the way he treated muggleborns, like he was better. Because he was not better. He was annoying, he anger issues and couldn't pay attention in class half of the time.

"I know and I'm going to make an effort." he said. And effort when you're around but you don't need to know that.

Draco finished the braid and Meli turned around to hug him.

"You're lucky I like you." she said, her voice muffled in his robes.

"I am indeed." he smiled.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A whole month passed at Hogwart, full of nights spent studying and nights spent in the astronomy tower. Meli, Draco and Jane went to the tower almost every evening on the weekend, always sneaking back into their dorms around 2 am. Blaise occasionally joined them but it was usually only the three of them.

One day, Meli was at the library, looking for a book to help her with a particularly difficult enchantment. She finally found it and reached out to take it off the shelf but her hand bumped against another one.

"Oh, I'm sorry." said a voice next to her.

Meli turned her head to find herself looking directly into dark hazelnut eyes. The new kid.

"No, it's ok." said Meli, blushing. He really was beautiful. And he smiled at her. Oh god help me.

"I'm Louis. Louis McCartney." He presented himself, extending his hand out in front of him.

"And I am Meli Hiddleston." she said, taking the hand and shaking it.

They both stared at the other for a moment and realized on of them had to let go of the book.

"Oh, you can have it." immediately said Meli snapping her hand back to her side. She started to feel like it was way too hot in the and tried making it better by pulling on her clothes.

"No, I insist you have it." replicated the young man, giving her the book.

Meli thanked him, returned to the desk were she left her things and walked quickly to the Slytherin common room, a goofy smile making it's way on her face.

She slammed the door open and flopped herself on a couch, next to Draco and Jane.

"Well well, what are you so happy about?" asked Draco.

"Hum? Oh nothing." said Meli, trying to form a more neutral expression. It only intrigued Draco more and he started asking more and more questions, trying to guess what made his friend so happy.

"Ok, I give up. Jane, wanna give it a try?" sighted Draco, expectantly looking at the third party of their group.

"It's a boy, isn't it?" Meli nodded. "The new one?" Meli nodded again. "Oh. My. God." screamed Jane, leaving Draco utterly confused.

"What new boy?" he asked, completely clueless.

"The Griffondor one in our potion class." quickly answered Jane, trying to shut him up as soon as possible to hear more details.

As Meli described the encounter, she could see Draco's face turn more serious at every praise she had for Louis and it did even more when she confirmed having a crush on him. He seemed disturbed but resolved, like he had a task to do and it annoyed the shit out of him.

"What's his name again?" he inquired.

"Louis McCartney." answered both Jane and Meli dreamily.

Draco nodded and got up. He gave one look at Crabbe and Goyle and the two of them stood up without saying anything. He then looked at Blaise, who shot a glance to Meli before getting up too. The quatuor left the room in silence.

Meli and Jane were completely obvious to what just happened, seeing they were to occupied discussing about Louis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I got nothing to say here except that I want Draco to braid my hair.

Laeti