27.

"Ah, there's our places!" Llewelyn exclaimed after ten minutes of going up in the huge stadium.

All the way up, in the stairs and different platforms, the places was overflowed. People were trying to get the best place with the best view on the large pitch. The lodges, however, were delimited and so the Beresford and Meli had all the comfort they could want. Just above them was the Prime Minister of Magic and some high-class families, the Malfoys included.

"You girls can sit on the left if you want to talk without us hearing what you are saying." Elizabeth smiled.

"We absolutely will." Jane said, Meli trailing close behind.

They sat down just as the Irish team flew in the stadium, presented by Ludovic Bagman, the Head of Department of Magical Games and Sports and the commentator of that night's match. "Presenting, Connolly! Ryan! Troy! Mullet! Moran! Quigley! Aaaaaand Lynch!"

One by one, the players made a turn of the fiel before throwing a spell. As they did, a huge Leprechaun formed of millions of small lights formed itself above the bleachers. The apparition did a gig as the public applauded and suddenly, exploded into the air. What had looked like lights revealed themselves to be gold coins. Once again, people in the stadium cheered and screamed, reaching out to catch as much as possible.

Meli was one of them, laying over the metal bar. Jane raises an eyebrow. "What are you doing? You're fucking rich."

"Never know when you'll have to pull a Elae."

"I want to laugh but I think you might not be joking."

"If I do, I'm picking you up."

Jane shrugged. "Well then." And she reached over, grasping for coins too.

The girls were getting over their deception of the money being false when the volume of the sound in the stadium grew noticeably lower, leaving a music to feel the air.

They turned back to the field to see a line of women advance in the grass. They were dancing, their hips swaying one way then the other in a captivating choreography. When Meli looked around, she understood the almost silence around them. Almost every man in the stadium, at least those she could see, and some women too were watching the group of beautiful dancers. Veela, she smiled. Jane, next to her, was watching her brothers. Francis, the oldest, was looking at the field too, ignoring Joseph who was tugging on his sleeve to take his attention back on the game they had on the floor.

Jane turned to Meli, troubled. "He grew up so fast."

Meli slapped her shoulder. "You'll get over it."

The Veela retired from the field and the Minister of Magic announced the beginning of the match with his wand on his neck, making his voice clear for everyone. "Good evening! It gives me great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup. Let the match begin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And when he dived right before touching the ground. That was amazing!"

"But it was too late to save the game and we won!"

"Yep. Go Irland!" Jane yelled.

A group of teens close to them yelled back and started singing Ireland's national hymn, waving at them. They smiled and waved back. The supporters of the team partied all the way out of the stadium and now, music was coming from various directions in a happy chaos.

The Beresford met some friends on the way out and left Jane and Meli alone to go back to the tent.

"I forgot to ask how it was to meet Cedric's father." The blond said, pulling the piece of tissue back behind them.