28.

The train stopped with a loud screeching noise. The doors slide open and students busted out, trunks bumping on the metal walls of the train. In one of the last wagons, Meli was finishing to gather her things, Jane waiting for her in the alley. Draco and Blaise were already gone since they got ready to leave fifteen minutes earlier.

"Hurry up, bitch. Common, move your ass faster." Jane was getting impatient on the outside of the compartment.

"Literally just shut up." Meli said, standing up.

"Be grateful I was waiting for you."

"Fuck you."

"No thanks."

They strolled down to the exit and found Draco and Blaise waiting for them. Draco's shirt was perfectly tucked in his pants but the first three buttons were undone, showing a bit of skin.

Meli looked away.

"Have you seen the newspaper?" Jane asked, her constantly present smile dropping at the serious subject.

"About what happened at the World Cup?" Jane nodded at Meli. "Yeah, I saw it yesterday."

"Where were you guys when it happened again?" Blaise asked.

"I lost Jane right when people started panicking–" "My parents apparated us away."

"And Draco found me and got us safe in the forest." Meli shot a quick glance at Draco, who was starring at the floor.

"So you didn't see who it was?"

"I think we all know very well who it was." Draco cut. He was still starring at the floor but Meli could see his jawline twitch. Blaise looked at him and he understood.

"Hey, what is going on over there?" he asked as a distraction, pointing to where a large group of students were standing.

"Oh, let's go see." Jane linked her arm with the tall boy, overplaying her enthusiasm.

"Yeah, come on Draco." Meli took his hand to drag him to the crowd.

Big fucking mistake.

His fingers were cold against hers, his rings digging into her skin. Her hand was only a bit smaller than the boy's and yet it felt as if it was enveloped in it. She had held hands with him before but like a lot of things lately, the feeling wasn't the same. She raised her head and her eyes met Draco's forehead. His focus was on their linked hands, eyebrows joined.

"Draco?" Meli tugged on their hands.

His head snapped up and he started at her for e few seconds before turning away. "Yeah, let's go."

They just joined Jane and Blaise at the back of the group of students when a large carriage pulled by flying horses landed on the ground, guided by Hagrid. The little crowd cheered and Fred and George Weasley, at the front, were of course the loudest.

"Immature babies." Draco muttered, clearly unimpressed.

But as soon as the words left his lips, something slashed the water in front of them in two and an impressive boat emerged. The main mast was decorated with a flag and the cream coloured sails were swelling in the wind.

Meli watched with a smile Draco's dumbfounded expression.

"Let's get inside. I want to know what is going on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the sorting ended, Professor Dumbledore stood at the teacher's table and hit lightly his glass of pumpkin juice with a knife.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted,
I'd like to make an announcement. This
castle will not only be your home this
year but home to some very special guests
as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen..."

Argus Flinch, the school's concierge, limped up the space between the tables and came all the way up to Dumbledore. He whispered something in the Headmaster's ear and left the same way he came.

"As I was saying, Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament."

Students started whispering to each other but it would be impossible to tell if they were worried, confused or excited.

"Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if choosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these
contests are not for the faint hearted,
but more of that later. For now please
join me in welcoming the lovely ladies
of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic
and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

A group of girls dressed in blue entered the hall and gracefully dance their way at it's front, letting butterflies into the air. They bowed and everyone applauded. Their headmistress followed, an impressively tall woman draped in elegant robes, and walked to Dumbledore who kissed her hand.

Meli and Jane watched with a smile as Blaise and Draco practically drowned over the girls that were clearly Veelas.

"And now our friends from the north,
please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang
and the high master Igor Karkaroff."

A series of older boys walked up the aisle confidently, twirling long sticks around and hitting the ground with them in rhythm. Every time the sticks touched the floor, sparks appeared. Next to the High Master was Victor Krum. His appearance made Hogwarts students gasp but they got distracted when one of the boys spit fire at the front.

Karkaroff went up to Dumbledore and the men hugged like two old friends who hadn't seen each other in a long time.

Food appeared on the tables, signalling the students they could start eating and the guest sat with them. The Durmstrang boys, led by their High Master chose the Slytherin table. Victor Krum was sitting a few places away from Draco and that made the boy jumpy. He would nervously shoot glance at the Quidditch player for Meli's greatest amusement.

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three
tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

Fred's voice echoed through the hall. "Wicked."

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of International Magic Cooperation; Mister Bartimus Crouch."

But suddenly, thunder roared over everyone's heads and rain began leaking through the enchanted roof. Terrified, many students ducked under the tables. This never happened before. The ceiling sometimes showed dark clouds or wind but it never actually rained in the Great Hall. Meli even thought it was enchanted not to do so.

From a corner of the hall, someone threw a spell at the storm. The noise immediately stopped and the magical sky cleared of the clouds.

All heads turned to where the spell came from. A tall man was standing in the corner next the teacher's table, eyes still on the ceiling. Eyes? Eye? Honestly, Meli couldn't tell. He had at least one, that was for sure. But the second one seemed mechanic, circled by gold. It was blue electric and went in every directions, stopping at the Gryffindor table for a moment before going back to it's crazy movements.

"I feel like I should know who that is." murmured Jane.

"Alastor 'Mad-eye' Moody. He's an Auror." Blaise whispered back.

"One of the bests. At least he used to be. My father says he's crazy now."

"He looks like it." Meli, like everyone else, starred as the man took a sip of his gourd. "What do you think is in that?"

"Alcohol. We should ask him to give us some." Jane smiled as the Auror hugged Dumbledore.

"I'm not sure we want anything from him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo fourth year started. I'm really anxious about it because so much stuff happens so i hope it'll go well
Hope you enjoyed,

Laeti