21.

The ustensiles clicked together. Meli brought a piece of lasagna to her mouth and swallowed it.

For the past hour, Henry and Jillian has been talking about things that didn't concern herald so, bored her. From time to time they asked if she was ok, if she liked the lasagna, could she pass the water please?

Meli finished her portion and cleaned her hands with a tissue before placing them on her thighs.

She watched her parents exchanging words from two sides of the table. "Can i leave the table?" she asked.

The two adults turned to look at her. "Don't you want some desert first, sweetie?" said Henry.

"No, im ok, thanks. I ate a lot on the train" said Meli, already standing up. "See you tomorrow!"

Henry and Jillian followed her with their eyes as she walked away from the table to the hallway. As soon as the door closed, Meli heard whispers in the dinning room and smiled to herself.

She walked up the stairs to her room quickly and sat at her desk. Putting some ink on her quill, she wrote on a paper.

Already finished dinner. The spot in fifteen minutes?

Meli

She rolled the letter and tied it to her howl's leg. The bird watched her with big amber eyes. It was a beautiful specimen with black with the feathers under his wings white. Meli named it Lou the first time she saw it a long time ago, in France. With a swift mouvement, the bird flew away. Ten minutes later, it was back with the note.

That was quick. Im still eating but im out as soon as i can.

Jane

Jane's family was very different from Meli's. They had actual meals together and talked and when Jane didn't find a way to escape, they did family activities. It had always been kind of weird to Meli.

She putted on a leather jacket, checked her makeup and took her broom. She slid down the scale and landed in the grass. After a few minutes of flying close to the ground, she arrived to a clearing in the woods. Jane and Meli had discovered the place during the summer between second and third year. Draco had been in France and Blaise in Italy. Jane was playfully running after Meli with a stick, trying the hit her for whatever the girl had joked about, when they went pass the trees protecting the place. They had stopped laughing immediately, taken back by the beauty surrounding them.

There was bushes of colourful flowers on the north side and at the east one, a big tree stood proud. It was a weeping willow that looked a lot like the one at Hogwarts, though smaller and clearly not enchanted.

Meli settled down on the ground against the tree. The sun was starting to loosen in the sky and fireflies were appearing around her. Behind her, a branch cracked and she snapped her head behind her.

Jane had her broom in one hand and was standing on her tiptoes. "Ah shit, i wanted to scare you" she smiled.

Meli rolled her eyes. "Dumbass"

"So, what te hell is going on with Draco?"

Meli groaned and hit her head on the weeping willow. "We really have to talk about this?"

"You and I both know if we don't talk about it, i'll have to find out on my own"

"Ok, ok, im telling you" said Meli. She took a big breath and started explaining. "I was walking in the parc and I saw Draco's bag. So I got closer and he was...he was snogging a girl"

Meli took a pause, waiting for Jane to react. "And..." said the brunette.

"Well, i didn't like it"

"...Oh" Jane finally understood. "Since when does that..."

"I don't know, ok? I just–I didn't like seeing this girl with his hands on her. They were just kissing but it made me angry and i don't know why!"

"How did it make you angry?" asked Jane, clearly thinking thoroughly.

"I wanted to rip her off him and hit something at the same time and take Draco away from there. But then i wanted to be as far as possible from him because all i could see was them kissing" she said in one breath.

"Meli, i think you're jalous" Jane smiled, though none of the girls knew if it was a happy or pitiful smile.

Meli nodded. She had been pretty sure of that already but it felt weird hearing Jane say it. The girl stood up and reached out for Meli's hand. Meli took it and pushed on her legs.

"What are you gonna do about it?" asked Jane.

"Ignore it until it goes away"

Her answer made Jane nod. "That seems about right. And i promise i'll try to keep it to myself"

Meli hit her friend's head. "Bitch, if you say a word, I will choke you to death"

"Kinky" said Jane, wiggling her eyebrows and laughing while she dodged another hit. With a few words, they went back to a lighter mood.

"So, how did the family reunion go?"

Jane sighted and flopped against the tree. She did a little sign the Meli with her hands, flexing her knees. Meli placed a foot in her joined hands and gripped a branch as Jane pushed her up.

Once in the tree, Meli reached and hauled Jane next to her. "Loud. It was really bloody loud"

The girls got comfortable on the little nest in the middle of the branches.

"Joseph and Francis were completely crazy. The spent the whole dinner yelling and throwing food and then my father got angry but my mother told him to calm down because it was our first meal together since when i went back christmas. Then you saved me with the howl and they're probably running around or something"

"That sounds like fun" smiled Meli.

"It was not. I actually had hope they would be calm for once but i was fooling myself" Jane said, looking grim. "How did it go with you?"

"Let's not" Meli shook her head right and left. Jane didn't say anything but eyed her worryingly. She knew that her friend tell her when she felt like it and only then. The blond probably felt like she overshared already with Draco.

Both girls looked up to the sky that was now dark. Here, away from London, the carpet of the sky was sparkling with stars and amongst them, Draco's constellation shone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: the word shone feels rly fucking weird but that's the actual conjugation so yeah

i published the 4 first chapters of my other fic 'Turning table' so go read it if you want and like always, vote, comment, share cause i always love to her from you guys
Hope you enjoyed,

Laeti