26.

A tornado. That's what happened in Jane's bedroom. Or that's what it looked like. Meli tiptoed between the magazines, books and clothes lining the floor. On most of the magazines there were moving pictures of Quidditch players flying around on their brooms, colourful uniforms floating in the wind.

Jane started playing Quidditch in second year. Nobody really excepted her too. Her overall appearance made her look like the kind of girl who cried over a broken nail. Now, she did curse every time she broke one but it was more out of frustration because why the hell wouldn't they just grow and leave her alone? If Meli was being honest, she did deserve the reputation. She hated doing any kind of physical exercise. Cramps? Sweat? Dirty clothes that stuck to your skin? No thank you. But Quidditch was another thing completely and she had tried out for the Slytherin team, encouraged by Meli, Draco and Blaise, the last two already on the team, in second year. And she had gotten in as Chaser, running down the pitch to jump into Meli's arms when they told her.

When her three other friends had practices, Meli found herself catching up on homeworks, wandering around the castle or reading. It was her 'me' time. With Jane as her roommate, she didn't have a place to be by herself in silence and the reason she didn't mine at all was those few hours a week where the other girl was passing a ball on the pitch.

However, her level of passion regarding Quidditch equaled her friend's when it came to matches between the houses and tournaments. Because one of her most Slytherin trait was how bloody competitive she was. Even over the smallest thing, she didn't hesitate to jump in and win.

So when Jane asked Meli to come with her and her family to the Quidditch World Cup, she said yes, not even asking her parents first because she was going, like it or not. Plus, Jane's father loved the sport a lot and had the money necessary to get a private lodge big enough to host ten people.

Now, the day of the tournament's begging, Meli was in Jane's bedroom asking herself if a book on the head was enough to make her friend pass out and stop singing.

"Would you please shut up already?" she yelled across the room.

Jane's head poked from her wardrobe. "First of all, hi Meli! Yes, I am doing great, thank you for asking. Second of all, fuck you. No one appreciate my talent."

"Did your mom tell you to shut up too?"

A shoe flew across the bedroom and almost hit Meli's head. "Eh! You want to make me loose a teeth or something?"

Jane answered with a simple yes and Meli rolled her eyes. The girls would leave together with Jane's family and meet up somewhere with Draco after settling in their tent before the match. Jane also wanted to see Cedric so they would also probably try to find him.

"Girls, are you ready?" Jane's mother, Elizabeth, yelled from downstairs.

"Two minutes!" The brunette took a bag hanging on the chair back. She turned to Meli. "You got everything?"

"Yep." Meli hit lightly the duffel bag at her side.

"Well, let's go then."

The two girls ran down the stairs and bursted into the living room. It was probably just an effect of five people living together but that room too was a mess. A house elf was kneeling on a suitcase, his skinny fingers pulling and the zipper. Around him, Jane's little brothers were running after each other. Francis was eleven years old and would go to Hogwarts for the first time at the beginning of this year. The other boy, Joseph, seven years old, would be staying at home and getting the basic education from a tutor until he followed his older siblings at school. The two boys had brown hair that shined red in the sun and freakles on their faces. They looked a lot like their mother who came into the room at the exact moment Francis was running out of it.