6.

"And that one is mine. The Draco constellation" said the boy to Meli, who was laying on her back next to him. They had been watching the sky and pointing out stars for about an hour.

"How come you're that good in astrology and you never helped me pass an exam?" Meli asked, rolling on her side, head propped on her arm, to look at him. He smirked, still facing the night.

"Helping people is bad for my reputation" he said before laughing when she hit him. She shook her head and rolled back. This time, it's Draco who turned to her.

"My mother taught me all of this" he explained. Of course she did, thought Meli. Draco and his mother were very close. Even more then the usual mother-son relationship, they shared the same hidden hatered for Lucius Malfoy. That man was a horrible father, probably the reason Draco was who he was, and a spiteful husband, always telling Narcissa what she had done wrong and making her feel worthless.

Meli observed it all during the numerous holidays and vacations she spent at the Malfoy manor with her parents. She loved her godmother and often wondered why Narcissa never left with Draco. Leaving out the moments where her husband was around, the woman was very strong headed, giving out orders to the servants and reprimanding the little Malfoy boy if he started to act like his father. Meli couldn't understand how Narcissa supported Lucius. But what did she know, right? After all, she was only a teenager and had never been in love.

Meli made eye contact with the platinum blond next to her. She wanted to hug him but knew he would back out. Funny how he always comforted Jane and Meli but if one of them tried to do the same, it made him uneasy.

"Keep talking about it" said the girl, breaking contact with the cold grey eyes. Draco opened his mouth to do so but was interrupted by an irritated voice.

"What are you too doing here?!?" screamed a silhouette at short distance in front of them. Professor McGonnagle. Meli sworn under her breath and Draco did the same. They were outside, at 11:30 pm, alone and close to the forbidden forest. There was no way out of this.

"Professor" said Draco with the most charming voice he could pull of. "How are you doing? It's a beautiful night isn't it?"

"Your tricks won't work on me Malfoy, I'll see both of you in detention tomorrow evening"

"We didn't expect anything less from you Professor" said Meli, showing her most polite expression.

The teacher narrowed her eyes before turning around, implying they should her. And they did of course. The two teenagers looked at each other, both retaining their laugh.

"At least nobody interrupted Jane's date" whispered Draco.

"Meli and Draco, defenders of love" said Meli. "It does sound good"

Draco puffed and brought his head back toward the teacher who was still walking in front of them. They soon arrived to their dormitories and McGonnagle took 40 points from Slytherin before encouraging them inside their common room. Draco kissed Meli's hand and she bowed, sarcastically taking a piece of her robes in the movement. They both smiled and tiptoed to their room.

Meli really did love being friends with Draco. They were always there for the other and if the witch needed to run out of her house, which happened pretty often, she'd go and live with the boy for a day or two. She would go to Jane's family manor but the girl had two little brothers that they all loved but that none of them could stand for a too long time.

Anyway, she slide in her bed the most silently possible. A bouquet of black and white roses were placed in a vase on Jane's nightstand. Meli's glance hovered over her friend, noticing with satisfaction the radient expression of the girl. One more point for the Diggory team.