31.

"They can't make him a part of the tournament, right?" Blaire was sitting on Meli's bed, his leg jerking at a worryingly fast pace on the floor.

"I mean, they could." Jane was on her bed, doing her Transfiguration homework.

"It would be so funny if he actually had to compete." Meli was going through the walk-in, taking out a dress, laying it on her body in front of her and putting it back in the closet.

"It would not! He's not seventeen yet! It's dangerous." Blaise stood up and paced around the room.

"Well, go ask him if it'll help calm you down." Jane said, closing the big book on her pillow.

"Yeah, good idea. Can you, I don't know, keep Draco busy? Just so he doesn't walk in on me and Harry having a civilized conversation." asked Blaise.

"I'm gonna be with Cedric but I'm sure Mastermind here can come up with something." Jane pointed to Meli before going in the bathroom.

"Mastermind?" Meli laughed.

"Yeah, no, you're manipulative as fuck. I have no doubt you could keep Draco in the common room against his will all day and he wouldn't even notice." Blaise nodded.

"Why, thank you." she bowed down and turned back to the closet. "I will be using my manipulative powers in approximately five minutes. You should leave now."

"Thank you, Mastermind." Blaise said goodbye to the girls and left the room.

Jane shouted behind the bathroom's door. "Meli, don't wait for me. I just screwed up my eyeliner, I have to re-do the left eye."

Meli tried to put a shirt back in the closet but ended up making half of it fall down. She slammed the door and pressed herself against them, coughing to cover up the noise of clothes falling down.

"Um, sure. See ya!" She left before Jane got out and found out the mess that probably their closet at the moment. She skipped a few steps on her way down to the common room and almost tripped as she reached the bottom.

"Merlin, what are you running from?" Draco's voice came from a corner of the room. He was leaning back on his chair, a book opened in one hand. A cup of tea was fuming on the table in front of him.

"Jane. I made a mess and plan on denying it." she said, walking over to him and taking the another chair.

"Huh, you're lucky she's seeing Diggory tonight. She'll be in a good mood." he huffed, turning a page of his book.

"What are you reading?" Meli asked, crossing her legs beneath herself.

"I don't really know. Some philosophy novel."

"Oh god, philosophy?" Meli rolled her eyes and leaned on the table, trying to read the title. "That's just depressing."

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss Romance. I forgot all you read are cheesy romantic stories that raise your expectations way to high for the real world. No man acts like they do in those novels, Meli. Face the truth." Draco sipped his tea.

"Maybe you don't, but some guys do meet my expectations." she scoffed, only half faking her indignation.

"Yeah? Who?" he said with a smirk.

"Louis McCartney is pretty good at being a gentleman. He's also galant, extremely good-looking, charismatic. He doesn't treat me like I'm stupid and doesn't stare at my boobs when I talk to him." she said with a smile, loving the way Draco's face crisped at her words.