7.

The clock on the Slytherin common room wall turned 19:00. Meli sighted and got up from the table she was sitting to. Jane patted her shoulder as an encouragement and directed all her attention back on the potion paper they were working on a few seconds ago.

After the Defense Against the Dark Art classe, Meli got locked into her room by Draco, who insisted she needed some rest. The girl would never admit it but she did need sleep and so she passed out for the entire afternoon. Jane sneaked in an whole plate of whatever deliciousness they had at the diner table to give her strength for her detention. Draco went to all his classes and they had agreed to meet in the enchantment classroom for the two hours they would spend there.

Meli was walking quickly down the corridor and when she turned a corner, her whole body smashed against a rock hard chest. The girl was slightly dizzy but felt two strong hands stabilizing her. She looked up to discover who she bumped into, which was rare given her height, and foun Louis's handsome and worried face watching the her.

"Hey are you ok?" he asked. Meli felt her blood rushing to her cheeks and then frowned. She never blushed.

"Yeah yeah don't worry" she said. It has been a long time since the two of them talked. They crossed paths in classes but Louis always ran out of the classroom before Meli even collected her books. "How are you? I feel like it's been soooo long since we had and actual conversation"

"Um I'm good. How are you?"he said, running his hand on the back of his neck like if he was uncomfortable.

"Im good too. Well I'm kinda tired but good" answered Meli, not noticing how uneasy the boy facing her was. She was happy to see him because it's been some times since she wanted to ask him out. I can't believe I'm about to do this. "Hey I have somewhere to go right now but maybe we could catch up soon? Go to Hogsmeade together or something"

The girls eyes were full of hope as she asked the question, making Louis's heart ache. The teenage boy took a long inspiration.

"Ok, listen to me please." That didn't sound well. "I can't go on a date with you. Or even just hang out with you. Not one guy in the whole school can or want. Not because of you but because of Malfoy"

Meli was in disbelief. "I'm sorry, what?" she chuckled.

Louis sighted. "That day we talked at the library, I don't know if you mentioned it to your friend but Malfoy came to me during the evening. Him, Zabini and two other guys found me and punched me. Malfoy told me that if he ever heard of me by you ever again, he'd send me to the hospital wing. I went back to the Gryffindor common room and apparently, he's been menacing every boy who ever had a crush on you since first year."

"That can't be-" started Meli. But then memories began to rush in.

First year, Ben Morence, he landed her his pen and to say thank you, she kissed him on the cheek. He never even looked at her again. Beginning of second year, Samuel Jarret, they spent an evening doing homeworks together and he walked her back to the Slytherin common room. She tried asking him for help with a paper the next day but he ran away as soon as she got close to him. Then the Weasley twins came around. She got along especially with Fred and she knew it annoyed Draco to no end because, well, they were Weasley's and he was a Malfoy. She now recalled the many times Draco had tried to keep her from them in any way possible.

She had never realized any of that before. She had been a kid, trying to make friends with boys as much as girls.

"That explains a whole lot," whispered Meli under Louis's attentive gaze. "Louis, I am so sorry and I am so angry at that stupid git. I'm on my way to fuck his face up right now and I really hope we can talk again soon."

With that, she swirled her way to the Enchantment classroom. When she finally arrived, her face was more red then the Gryffindor flag and her hands trembled with anger. She turned one last corner and saw Draco in distance, leaned back on the wall. He noticed her and raised his hand to say hi but his face became one of extreme confusion when her expression became more visible. That dumbass doesn't even know what's coming for him.

"You stupid piece of Hippogriffe shi-"

"Malfoy, Hiddleston!" said McGonnagle's voice behind the door. "Please come in."

Meli ignored Draco's furrowed brows and walked into the class head held high. The Professor explained what she expected from them during their detention and stood up to leave the room.

As soon as the door closed, Draco turned to Meli.

"What have I done?" he asked, confused and slightly angry about the way she acted.

"Oh I don't know. What do you think you did?" said Meli with a very much fake smile.

"I don't know that's why I'm asking you," he said, exasperated.

"Oh, well I shall explain to you what the fuck you did! How dare you interfere with my love life? You know who I just talked to? Louis from fucking Gryffindor."

"What could he possibly have to say?" Draco said, looking around the room. But he hadn't been able to hide the hint of recognition in his eyes from Meli. He knew what she knew.

"It was enlightening, really. He told me about how you beat up boys for having talking to me. Like if you have a say in who I should date," screamed Meli, emphasizing some word by poking his chest with her finger.

"Oh my god" said Draco, rolling his eyes. "That's what you're angry about? I just did it because they were not good enough for you."

"That's a choice I should be able to do by myself," she continued. "You have not a single right to make these decisions for me."

Draco scoffed. "We both know you can't make good choices for yourself."

Meli's hand moved by itself. She felt it raise, felt the muscles of her arm pull it toward Draco's face. It went slowly in her head, she saw it through a glass like if she was watching a movie. Then it all went back to normal because there was a hand grabbing her wrist and pulling her back to reality.

When he spoke, Draco's voice was filled with anger more then surprise. "Did you justify to slap me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here is the explanation for why the Slytherin boys left the common room after Meli talked about Louis :) Some drama is coming next chapter be ready!
Hope you enjoyed

Laeti