8.

"You just tried to bloody slap me." repeated Draco as if he didn't believe it. I'm in deep shit, thought Meli.

Carefully, like she was dealing with a wounded animal, she reached out. Before she could get his hand off her wrist, he had pushed her against the wall. She would've been fine if it hadn't been for the chair in her way and so, she stumbled on the floor. Trying to stand back up and let hell loose on Draco, she didn't notice him crouching down next to her until his face was too close.

Unlike usually, his closeness didn't feel comfortable. It felt crowding, like she was stuck. And she was stuck. Draco was large enough to keep her from standing up and it got worst when he brought his face even closer to hers.

"Don't you ever lay a hand on me," he said, his voice low in her ears.

"Like you didn't lay a hand on Louis?" she said back, trying to hide her harsh breathing.

"He's a guy, it's not the same thing."

"Oh, sure, let's wrap it up with misogyny." Meli rolled her eyes.

Draco groaned at that and stood up rapidly. In anger, he kicked a chair that slide one meter away from him. Meli jumped at the sound of wood screeching on the floor but was too surprised to do anything else. Draco wasn't like that with her. Ever.

"Draco, stop," she said loudly, hating how pleading it sounded.

She didn't know what brought him back, she hoped it was reason or the sound of her scared voice. He stopped moving and his skin became lighter than it usually was. If that was possible. He stared down at her and for a moment, Meli swore she saw regret. But the mask slid back down and he just sneered.

"Tha- That's what you get for trying to slap me." he said in a stern tone.

I'm sorry what?

"You have got to be kidding me, right?" asked Meli. "Draco, I'm sorry I tried to slap you but one; you kinda deserved it and two; I didn't even end up doing it. You have no justification for throwing me like that."

At her words, Draco wrinkled his nose like it bothered him to hear them. Like he might regret what he did. But he didn't say anything. He turned around and walked out of the classroom, looking way too unaffected by what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And then he stormed out! Like he had a right to be angry at me!" whined Meli as she twisted in front of the mirror, trying too see if there was any bruise.

"But what about the detention?" asked Jane, cleaning up the mess on her bed from a new package of clothes she had gotten delivered.

"Well, I wasn't gonna stay there so I tried leaving but Professor Dossi caught me and gave me detention tomorrow evening with her." answered Meli, annoyed.

"And you told her what Draco did, right?"

"I told her that he left first but not about..."

"Why?" Meli could see that Jane was worried and angry.

Loyalty was one of Hufflepuff's traits but the link that united Slytherins together was unique. It was one big mess of secrets, deals, family business and finally, trust. Trust was very important. And Meli trusted Jane, just like Jane trusted her. It was a common accord, a promise that held their friendship together. She trusted her friend wouldn't say anything if she really asked her to.

"I have to say, I have no idea why." said Meli. And as the words left her mouth, she realized how true they were. Why didn't she say anything?

She knew Draco's situation at home wasn't the greatest but it didn't excuse his actions. He shouldn't take his anger out on other people. He hurt her, he hurt guys who hadn't done anything else then look at her and, more importantly, he didn't seem to care about it all.

"I'll be right back," said Jane. Her face was tensed.

"Jane, don't get into a fight with him you'll just end up in detention too and you really don't need to be on Professor Dossi's black list right now."

"Ugh, why do you have to be right only when I don't want you to!" she said spinning back around to jump on her bed.

"Eh, I'm always right!" protested Meli, flopping down next to her on the bed. Jane only answered with a low 'anhan' and then laughed when Meli smashed a pillow in her face.

"I really want to kick him in the balls though," said the brunette.

"I know the feeling, trust me."

The two girls laid there for a moment before Jane gave a small slap on Meli's head and pushed her off the bed. With a loud 'bump', the girl landed on the floor. The two friends' laughs echoed in the dormitory and they both went to sleep.

The next day, Meli avoided Draco and ignored him when they ate at noon. He didn't seem to bother much except for one or two quick looks and it enraged Meli. It enraged her so much that she turned her neck, showing the light bruise a cabinet had left there, on purpose to get a reaction out of him. Draco looked up from his plate and his face went distinctly paler when he saw it. He still didn't say anything.

The afternoon and the diner passed and Meli started to apprehend the detention in potion. She never thought she would be worried about being alone in a room with Draco but then again, she never thought he'd physically hurt her. In the back of her head, she knew he didn't meant to but the damage was still done.

She turned a corner and saw Draco. He looked calm and, like last time, he was waiting for her at the door. Like last time, he opened his mouth to say something but like last time again, a Professor interrupted him before he could get a word out.

"You two come in."

Draco opened the door, eyes still locked on Meli, and waited for her to step in. When she did, he walked into the class too and closed the door behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah um i first wrote this chapter with choking and then i thought 'yeah how about no' so ig that's what you can have now lol
Hope you enjoyed!

Laeti