Chapter 16: The flashback

Pete was facing the mirror, looking at himself but he could see that he was not alone in the reflection.

He could see 'them' who were wearing the same face as him but each of them had different expressions; sadness (Alan), anger (Yuth), surprise (TeeDo), and contempt (Shin).

"Pete, what did you do to Tay?" Alan asked softly. Since he was the oldest among 'them', he always tried to solve any matters by discussing instead just blaming one another.

"Pete, why Tay unable to control himself?" TeeDo asked worried. "We all know Tay is much more stronger than we are, but...what happen to him? What did you do Pete?"

Then, Yuth smirked. "Strong? Do you think he is that strong?" He asked looking at TeeDo with his arrogant looked.

"Pete, this 'system' only works if we all respect each other and give 'air time' to voice our thoughts and feelings. We shouldn't give Tay a hard time. I've never argue with you but I'm afraid I will fight you if you do something stupid until make Tay disappear like this." Alan said, voice out his concern.

"Kao..." Pete finally opened his mouth. "Tay might already remember about Kao. If you want to blame someone, then blame Shin." He said to Alan and the other alters turned their head looking at Shin who was looking ahead with unreadable expression. 

"Shin...what happen to Tay?" Alan asked him but the alter just shut his mouth tightly. He glanced over at Alan but then he looked ahead again with his empty eyes. 

"When Shin try to kill Kao, Tay was almost there!" Pete said. "Maybe because there's something that triggers him when Shin yelled for Kao's name. And that cause him to turn weak and didn't even try to fight for Kao anymore! THAT COWARD! And you're saying that he is STRONGER THAN US?!" Pete yelled in anger.

"Who's Kao?" Alan asked him confused.

Pete shook his head disbelief. "We all know who's Kao. But, if you can't remember about him, that means, you already decide by yourself to forget everything about him from the start!" Pete yelled in anger. 

Then, Yuth smirked. "Kao... I shouldn't have trust that boy." He said and Alan looked at him shocked. It looked like only him still didn't have any memories about this Kao guy.

"You better hide him from me. I don't know what I might do if meet Kao." Yuth said gave a warn to Pete along with a smirk. Then, he disappear.

"I WILL KILL KAO! YOU JUST WAIT!" Shin suddenly yelled and before anyone could said something, he already disappear into the thin air.

"Pete, what's going on? Tell me who's Kao. Why Yuth and Shin hates him?" Alan said desperate.

Pete looked at him with a pierced glared then said, "How dare you to forgot him!"

"JUST BE STRAIGHTFORWARD!" Alan suddenly yelled. Pete and TeeDo were a little bit shocked because that was their first time to see Alan couldn't control himself. It was their first time to see him yelled out in frustrated. "WHAT I HAVE DONE TO KAO?! WHO'S KAO?!" He looked mad and looked like he ran out of patients already.

"TeeDo..." Pete ignored Alan but instead he talked to TeeDo. "You shouldn't say anything stupid to Kao." He said and TeeDo looked at him confused. Then, he knew what Pete means. It must be that time when he tried to persuade New to forget his feelings if he really fall for Pete or Tay.

"Shin is right...we are all just a coward." TeeDo said to him and then he disappear.

"I will find Tay and woke him up! It's his life, you shouldn't act like you own his life!" Alan said and what he said made Pete to look at him in anger. He clenched his knuckled and then he leaned a punched towards the mirror.