Chapter 23: The real monster inside him

New was eating his dinner while sat on the hospital bed with his back leaned towards the headboard. Meanwhile, his mother sat on the chair while watching television. She was peeling an apple while eyes watching the TV.

"Mom, you might hurt your hands." New said worriedly because she was too focussed watching the news broadcast.

His mom reached for the remote and turned up the volume.

"The wife of Thai's conglomerate was found death last night at their house with fracture skull and 6 stabs and 1 shot in her chest. Based on team forensics' report, the murderer was a left-handed person based on the puncture effect. Polices believe the motives of the murdering was because of a vengeful and robbery since all the valuable items such as money was found missing." Said the newsreader.

"God, this world is so scary." His mom said.

"Mom..." New called.

"Yes? Do you want anything, son?" His mom stood up from the chair after lowered down the volume's TV a little bit.

"When can I get discharge? I'm fine now. I'm bored here. And I miss my class a lot...and my friends." He said and pouted cutely to his mom.

His mom sat on the bed beside him and caressed his hair lovingly.

"I will ask the doctor tomorrow if you can discharge early, okay? And about your class, don't worry about your study. There's still Gun who will help you." She said and New just nodded with a pouted.

**********

-That Morning-

New was lied on the bed, playing games in his phone while waiting for his mom who went out to buy him a chocolate cake because he was craving for one.

Suddenly, someone opened the door and the person came inside.

New looked up from his phone to the person who just came in; the person was wearing a white coat and his face was covered with a mask while brought a tray in his hands.

Then, New focused back towards his game without any suspicious. "Doctor, when I can be discharge?" He asked when the doctor stood beside the bed.

The doctor just stayed silent and put down the tray on the bedside table. Then, he took the syringe and immediately held New's arm.

"Oh? What's that? Some sort of vitamin again? The nurse already give me one this morning." New said whined but again, the doctor just stayed silent and poked the syringe to New's shoulder.

New who had been so focussed playing with his games suddenly felt headache and his eyes started to get blurry in seconds.

"Doc...my head..." The phone felt from his hand and he held his throbbing head. He looked up at the doctor, seeking for help. He gripped the doctor's coat tightly and his breathe started to get heavy.

The doctor still with his mouth shut tightly and just looked down at New.

"W-What...are you d-doing." New's hand trembled as he tighten his gripped in the doctor's coat.

"Shhh~" The doctor said as he leaned down and covered New's mouth with his palm. He caressed New's hair softly. New tried to scream but he felt his energy slowly left him. He looked at the doctor but he couldn't see clearly because his sight started to get blurry.

"Everything will be fine." Was the last thing New heard before everything went black.

********

"Son~ Here's your favourite..." The sentence was left hanging. New's mom who just came inside the room was confused to see the room was empty. She put down the cake on the table and went to check the toilet if New was inside.