Chapter 19: Searching for you

It was in the middle of the night.

New was slept peacefully. Just like any other days. Nothing strange happened. Not until when a thunder came as heaven's drum-roll and lightning started flashed across the sky.

Suddenly, he started to toss and turning his body, looked so much restlessness. His eyes closed tightly, and he was whimpered in his slept, looked like he was having a nightmare.

"Kao~"

New's eyes opened wide by the sound of someone's voice; a kid's voice. He already covered in cold sweat, heart pounding with all that adrenaline rush.

"I'm s-scared."

He heard voice but he didn't see anyone in his room. He tried to calm his heartbeat and got down from the bed.

Suddenly...

BOOM!

It was the sound of the thunder, but this time it was so loud that New almost thought that it was an explosion.

"I'm s-scared."

He heard the kid's voice, again. This time, he was sure the voice came from inside the wardrobe. He walked taking a small stepped and then slowly opened the wardrobe. His eyes widened when saw a boy sitting while hugging his knees. He was so shocked to see the boy's condition; his clothes covered with dirt and he had fresh wound around his legs and arms.

The boy looked up and New saw fear in his eyes. He was so confused on how the boy could get inside his room.

"Kao~ I'm scared." The boy said to him. New widened his eyes again when heard the boy called him Kao.

He gulped, scared.

"W-Who are you? H-How did you come here?"

"I'm Alan. I'm your brother. You don't remember me?"

New's eyes widened more when heard the boy called himself Alan.

He looked at him confused.

"Alan? P'Tay's alters? But...did the boy just said that he is my brother? How is that even possible?" New shook his head to shove his confusion away. "Are you lost? How did you end up here?" He asked and approached the boy.

He tried to help the boy to get out from the wardrobe, but when he tried to hold the boy's arm, his own hand was going through the boy's arm like one of them had invisible power; he couldn't touch the boy or feel him.

He was too frightened to scream but just stared at the boy with his shaking eyes.

New took few stepped backward. "W-What are y-you?" He asked afraid.

"K-Kao..."

"W-What? I'm n-not Kao." He said with half mad with terror.

"You're not a coward Kao. You're a brave boy. Don't let your past haunted you forever. I never had a chance to apologize to you. I'm a worst brother ever." New just listened to the boy. He was in panicked, but strangely he was still fine and his breathes still steady.

He thought that he would have asthma attack or worst panicked attack because he could felt how his heartbeat beat like a drum, but...he still stood there finely like it was not a problem.

New gulped down his saliva.

"Y-You're Alan? One of...P'Tay's alters? You already d-died...because you fall from a cliff." New said. If he was not dreaming right now, that's means he was talking with a ghost. He remembered everything Pete had told him about. It was such tragic stories not to be forgotten.