Chapter 28: Au revoir

Pete's POV

What hurts more?
Failing to promise or breaking a promise?

"Pete..." The gripped in my shirt was tightened.

"Kao..." I let go of the hugged but he squeezed my body tight, he doesn't want to let me go.

"Kao, listen to me. Please..." I said and he slowly let me go. I pulled him to stand up and helped him to sit on the bed.

My heart clenched as he kept wiping his tears which looked like doesn't have any sign to stop. I sat beside him and he leaned his head on my shoulder.

I held his hand and caressed the back of his hand with my thumb while my other arm wrapped around his shoulder.

"I can't promise you forever, Kao. I'm not daring to make a promise that I can't keep. But, I will promise you every now, and everything I am. I will stay with you and always be...here." I said and pointed at his heart at the ended of my words.

He kept sniffing and made me wondered, why did he suddenly thought that I would be gone?

"Are you having a nightmare?" I asked and he nodded after few seconds.

"Now, stop crying. I'm here isn't it?" I wiped his tears with my thumb.

"Pete~ Can I hug you?"

"Come here my baby boy~" I pulled him into my embraced and we were hugging each other tightly.

We stay like that for about a few minutes, enjoyed every second passed.

"Kao..."

"Hmm?"

"Let's go on a date." I said and he let go of the hugged. He looked at me with his eyes widened. "A date?" He asked and I couldn't help but to chuckle. His eyes and nose were red from all the cried.

"Yaa, a date. Let's go make some unforgettable memories. Let's do everything we can't do before." I said to him.

I...don't have much time.

**********

"Do you have your inhaler with you?" Pete asked the questions for the nth times.

"Pete~ Don't worry. I'm not a person who's afraid of height. And this is nothing to do with my asthma. Don't worry." New said and he turned to look at the hot air balloon in front of him.

The highlights of their date

"I can't believe that you still remember." New said, looked at Pete with his sparkled eyes.

Pete smiled looking at him. "You said you want to fly. And here is the way we will fly." Pete said and wrapped his arm around New's waist.

"Let's take a selca!" New said excited and Pete nodded at him.