02 | ESQUELETO

THE SPOOKY SEASON was approaching, the one day a year where Y/N and her fellow pupils would dress up as their favourite characters and attend the dreaded Halloween dance

THE SPOOKY SEASON was approaching, the one day a year where Y/N and her fellow pupils would dress up as their favourite characters and attend the dreaded Halloween dance. Y/N had left deciding her costume until  the very last minute and was scrolling through her Instagram in order to find a reasonable outfit in time.

"How about this?" Y/N asked, handing her phone over to Demetri so he could state his opinion. He carefully took the phone and inspected the image, a disapproving look made its way to Demetri's face the moment he laid eyes on the picture.

"Ehh." Demetri shrugged, handing her back the phone. Y/N knew he would have insulted the costume further if he had the chance but decided to hold his tongue and carry on eating his lunch.

Y/N carried on scrolling until she found the perfect costume, holding her phone closely to her chest so no one could see which one she had picked, especially Demetri.

"So did you find one?" Eli spoke up, his voice barely audible under the loud babbling of the large amount of teenagers surrounding them.

"Yeah, but I can't tell you. It's a surprise." Y/N stated, smiling brightly at him.

Eli returned her smile, but a sudden silence fell upon them the moment Counsellor Blatt entered the cafeteria, a microphone in hand.

"Cyber bullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Counsellor Blatt began, "Now I'm not going to name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

Everyone's attention drew to Y/N's lunch table, staring at Eli who cowered in his chair, his hand immediately flying to his face to cover the prominent scar above his top lip.

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." Counsellor Blatt continued but at this point she had lost all of the students attention.

Y/N felt someone pull at her hand, Eli. She returned his small gesture, rubbing circles on his hand. The two of them had been doing this a lot more often to the point that it had become a regular occurrence.

"If you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo is looking for recruits."

"Yeah, right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training and you're going to kick some major ass." Demetri scoffed, waving his arms around in a mocking manner.

Miguel shook his head, "I'm serious, Demetri. My sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I can get all three of you discounts."