23 | RIGHT PATH

IT WAS Y/N'S FIRST DAY back at school since the fight, she had spent a few days at home helping Demetri finish his Lego Science project

IT WAS Y/N'S FIRST DAY back at school since the fight, she had spent a few days at home helping Demetri finish his Lego Science project. They were currently at lunch unveiling the diorama to Yasmine and Moon.

"So what's under the sheet?" Moon asked, pointing to the plaid sheet that covered the diorama.

"I'm glad you asked." Demetri stated, getting up from his seat and taking off the sheet to reveal the model that him and Y/N had created over a series of three weeks. It would have taken less if Demetri didn't work on it every time he visited the hospital to see Y/N. "Behold... What Scientists believed to be the Valley when dinosaurs roamed the Earth."

Y/N turned and faced Yasmine, "Go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg."

Yasmine hesitantly pressed the egg, a few seconds later she heard screeching and a small mist came from the top of the structure.

Yasmine stared at the diorama impresses, "Not bad! My parents may not have to pay for my A this time."

"Your parents will never have to pay for an A again." Demetri assured.

Y/N ducked underneath Demetri's arms, adding a few finishing touches to the diorama. Demetri attempted to help her, leaning forward so that her back was pressed against his chest.

Eli was messing around with his soccer ball whilst Big Red recorded him, he was 22 in which was a new record for him when he noticed how close Y/N and Demetri were. They were laughing and joking which greatly angered Eli. So instead of staying quiet like a rational person, he took matters into his own hands.

"And at 8,251 individual pieces, this meticulously assembled model represents the exact moment before the asteroid hit the-" Before Demetri could finish his sentence, something flew past his head and hit the diorama, scaring both him and Y/N. They managed to regain their balance, if not they'd be on the ground, on top of each other.

Demetri stared horrified at his broken creation, three weeks worth of effort was gone. Y/N and Demetri turned to face the root of all this cheering, Eli.

"Sorry, man. I guess my ball just got away from me." Eli apologized, though his apology didn't seem all that sincere. He reached out his hands for someone nearby to pass him back the soccer ball.

"That took me three weeks to build." Y/N could practically see the tears brimming in Demetri's eyes, the boy was livid.

"Took my ball three seconds to destroy." Eli laughed at the pair before walking away. Y/N tried to hold Demetri back but he broke free and stormed towards Eli.