13 | CAMP

Y/N HAD ARRIVED at camp safely, she had managed to say goodbye to Demetri before she left but hadn't had the opportunity to say goodbye to Eli

Y/N HAD ARRIVED at camp safely, she had managed to say goodbye to Demetri before she left but hadn't had the opportunity to say goodbye to Eli. She had asked him to meet her at the park an hour before she left but after forty five minutes of waiting she decided it was best to leave.

As soon as she walked through the camp entrance she felt her heart rate increase, she had waited for this moment to come for a very long time and was overwhelmed by it. There was a total of two hundred of the most talented teen writers in all of America here and she couldn't help but feel intimidated by that. Writers that had previously attended Hawthorne had successful publishing careers and Y/N would do just about anything to follow in their footsteps.

Y/N made her way towards the long line of kids, they were all getting signed in and assigned to their cabins. There were two kids at the end of the line, both of them blonde. The pair were bickering amongst themselves. Y/N shuffled her suitcases along with her so that she was now behind the kids in the line.

She waited patiently for them to stop arguing, Y/N wasn't much of a people person. She preferred to stick to a small circle of friends, after all she had spent most of her time with Demetri and Eli. This is why when the boy turned and faced her, she didn't know what to say.

"Hi, I'm Alec Miller." He introduced, sticking out his hand for her to shake.

"Y/N Y/L/N." She muttered, taking his hand. Her eyes, however, drifted to the girl next to Alec. She stared at him in annoyance, head tilted to the side as she impatiently waited for him to return his attention to her.

"Sorry if we were loud, I guess things aren't starting off smoothly for us this year." Alec apologized but when Y/N stayed silent he turned and pointed to the blonde girl behind him.

"That's my sister, Genevieve."

Genevieve barely gave Y/N a second glance, "Must you talk to every new comer."

"Sorry about her," Alec muttered, turning all of his attention to Y/N, "She's just upset because dad said she couldn't continue her professional writing lessons if she didn't come to camp."

Genevieve huffed, "I just don't see the point of coming here, I'm better off taking my writing lessons."

After Genevieve said this, the pair began to argue once again. Y/N, who had noticed that the line was moving, walked straight past the pair and towards the person that was a few metres away from her.

 Y/N, who had noticed that the line was moving, walked straight past the pair and towards the person that was a few metres away from her