19 | PULPO

Y/N HAD BEEN BACK home for about a week now and was in need of a hair cut

Y/N HAD BEEN BACK home for about a week now and was in need of a hair cut. So she decided to go to the hair salon, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing which caused her to dye the tips of her hair purple. She quite liked the way the purple looked against her Y/H/C hair.

It was a good thing too, that she got her hair done because Moon had invited her to a party the day before the beginning of a school year. So that's what she was doing on a Sunday night, stood outside the entrance of Moon's house, contemplating whether or not she should go inside.

Eventually, she decided that it was best to head inside and not stay out in the cold. Y/N didn't really know that many people at school so she just got herself a can of beer from the kitchen and scrolled through her phone until she found someone who she actually knew.

Y/N was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt someone tap her on the shoulder, she turned around and faced the boy that was now in front of her.

"Eli." Y/N announced, awkwardly shifting her feet. She wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around as if nothing had changed between them but she wasn't sure of the situation they were in.

"Hi, Y/N." He greeted, before she could respond, he spoke up again, "I like you're hair."

"I like yours too." She muttered, looking at his newly dyed hair. He promised that he wouldn't change much this summer but he had done the complete opposite, "It's-"

"Red, I know."

"I was going to stay it was still spikey but that works too." The pair laughed lightly, their entire encounter seemed rather awkward as if they were ignoring what had happened over the summer.

A few minutes and drinks later, the pair were talking like they did before everything had happened.

"And then, he fell into the lake." YN finished, she was telling one of the many stories she had from camp. Y/N didn't know if it was the alcohol but she felt more confident when she was around Eli.

Loud cheering was coming from outside, Eli grabbed Y/N by the arm and pulled her towards the back yard where Sam LaRusso and another girl were having a drinking competition. They watched for a little bit but after the girl, who Y/N now knew as Tory fell from the stool, things got pretty boring.

"This is boring, lets go do something." Eli pulled Y/N by the arm and guided towards an empty room, Y/N was pretty sure that it was Moon's.

No words were exchanged between the pair of them when Eli pressed his lips against hers, instead she welcomed his action and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.