05 | QUIVER

Y/N, DEMETRI AND ELI were walking to Cobra Kai together, Eli had somehow managed to convince Demetri to come which surprised Y/N considering Demetri would do almost anything to get out of gym and he was doing this voluntarily

"I can't believe you got into a fight." Demetri shook his head in disbelief, Y/N had been in a few fights at school but not one as catastrophic as this one.

"Kyler deserved it." Y/N muttered, after all the shit he had put them through she thought Demetri would be happier that Kyler wouldn't be a problem anymore.

"All I'm saying is that we don't need to learn how to fight with you and Miguel here to protect us." Demetri patted her on the back as they opened the dojo doors. Y/N was surprised by the amount of people there, she expected around ten or fifteen but this was closer to thirty or forty.

"I won't be able to protect you forever Demetri." Y/N muttered, taking off her shoes and walking towards Aisha and Miguel who were at the front of the room.

"Where are you going?" Eli asked, tugging on her arm. Y/N had decided that she would wear a tank top and leggings instead of a gi, Aisha and Miguel on the other hand were dressed in matching attire so Sensei Lawrence could distinguish the new comers from his more experienced students.

"I'm going to the front to stand next to Miguel and Aisha." Y/N answered, peering over and greeting Aisha with a small wave.

"Please stay." Eli insisted, giving her a small smile. Y/N couldn't resist the look and caved, pulling the blonde by the arm and walking towards the mat.

"Remind me, why did I let you talk me into this? This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason." Demetri complained and Y/N had to admit she had been waiting for him to complain since the moment he agreed to come.

"Let's just give it a chance. You saw the fight. Miguel kicked ass and so did Y/N." Eli said, his voice soft and calm which wouldn't have been unusual if they weren't in a karate dojo.

"Ok. Today we begin..." Johnny announced but no body dared turn around and face him except Y/N. She put her index finger and thumb to her lips and whistled loudly, this seemed to gather everyone's attention.

"Now that everyone is quiet, face the front."

Everyone did as instructed, facing the front of the dojo awaiting further instructions. Johnny walked around the room, circling everyone like hungry sharks.

"Nice shirt." He said, pointing at the bright green shirt Demetri was wearing.

Demetri smiled, "Thanks."