34 | DRIVER PERMIT

EVERY WEEKEND SINCE ELI and Y/N got their drivers permit, Mrs Moskowitz would take them driving in an a parking lot a few blocks away from Eli's house

EVERY WEEKEND SINCE ELI and Y/N got their drivers permit, Mrs Moskowitz would take them driving in an a parking lot a few blocks away from Eli's house. After they were done practicing Mrs Moskowitz would run a few errands and leave Eli and Y/N in the car.

"I'm bored, my phone just died." Y/N complained, dramatically collapsing so that her head was on Eli's lap.

"She'll be back soon, she never normally takes that long." Eli assured her as he began to plait Y/N's hair.

"I wonder what it'll be like when we get our licenses." Y/N stated, letting out a loud sigh. She didn't want to admit it to Eli but she was scared of growing up, things in her life were moving so fast and she was afraid that one day she would grow out of him.

"It'd be great, we'd go everywhere we wanted to instead of having our parents drive us around." Eli responded, tugging slightly at Y/N's hair which caused her to wince.

"Why are you so calm about this?" Y/N asked, folding her arms loosely.

"Your not? I can finally drive up to your house!" Eli exclaimed, him suddenly raising his voice seemed to make Y/N jump.

"I guess that's a plus side." Y/N laughed, finding it hard to think about what she was scared about in the first place. Eli would always be there to make her feel better, she wouldn't do anything to drive him away.

"I don't think Demetri will ever leave our side if when we get our licenses." Demetri hated to drive, he was awful at it too. When he got his permit he was excited but that excitement was soon replaced with frustration and anger once he realised how bad he was at driving.

Unfortunately for Y/N and Eli, their conversation was cut short when Mrs Moskowitz came back. Opening the door to her car and getting in. Y/N pulled herself away from Eli's lap and buckled herself up.

"How are you guys?" Mrs moskowitz asked as she buckled herself up and put the keys into the ignition.

They both mumbled a 'fine', before turning their attention to the window.

"Do you guys know what you want from the diner?" That was also a tradition, they would go this cute 90s' diner and have lunch there. The food there was so good and both Y/N and Eli were determined to try everything on the menu so every time they went there they would order something different.

"Banana split is next on our list." Y/N announced as Mrs Moskowitz turned to face the pair but when Y/N received a strange look from Mrs Moskowitz she was beyond confused. Had she made a mess in the car? Did she have something stuck in her teeth.

"Y/N, dear. What happened to your hair?" Y/N stared down at the large tangles Eli had created in her hair. She gasped softly, he had really messed her hair up. She turned and faced Eli, giving him a glare which earned her a guilty smile back from him.

 She turned and faced Eli, giving him a glare which earned her a guilty smile back from him