Chapter 5: Is it a date?

(I am up to date on the manga of MHA and now I'm sad. I need some Nemmie to cheer me up)

"Well, you could join me in the cafeteria for lunch?" Nemuri said, a charming smile on her face. You smiled in return and grabbed your purse. She closed the door behind you two as you stepped out. You made some conversation about stuff in the news and opinions of some students as you reached the cafeteria.

Some students greeted the two of you as you made your way to lunch rush. "Afternoon Midnight, (H/N). What can I get you two?" Lunch rush asked in a cheery voice. Midnight turned to you, signalling you go first. "Oh, could I have (favourite food), please?" you asked. He nodded in confirmation before turning to Nemuri. "I'll have some shrimp tempura with white rice, thanks."

In a matter of seconds, he had prepared the dishes. As you rummaged in your purse for the right amount, Midnight handed over enough money for both of your meals. She picked up both trays, heading to a clear table as you stood there in shock for a moment before running after her.

"Do you want me to pay you back?", you asked her as you sat down opposite her. " Don't worry about it, you don't need to pay me back, you can just do me a small favour at some point.", she told you with a wink. While you were concerned about what that favour would be, you were glad to not be indebted to her.

As the two of you ate and spoke, some students came up to you. Some you recognized as 1A students, others you assumed were from a different class. "Miss (H/N), miss Midnight, could me and the girls sit with you two? Please~?", a girl you recognized as Ashido asked. You gave her a motherly smile. "Of course, but I will probably need some introductions."

You and Midnight sat with two girls either side of you. On your left was Ashido and Yaoyorozu. To your right was Hagakure and a girl from 1B, Komori Kinoko. To Midnight's left was Jirou and a support course, Hatsume Mei. To her right was class 1B students Itsuka Kendo and Shiozaki Ibara.

"So miss, what classes will you teach?" Ibara asked you. "Well, my main subject is maths, but I might sometimes assist in hero courses if my skills are useful.", you explained, continuing to eat. The girls nodded in understanding. (420 words)

"Sooooooo, doyoulikeanyone?!", Mina dragged out the first word before rushing out the rest. You sat there confused before Yaomomo explained, "She wants to know if you like anyone." You choked slightly on your food, Hagakure patting your back to help you not die.

"I don't know how to respond to that.", you said having finally stopped dying. "Come onnn! You don't think some of the other teachers are hot?", Mina whined. You thought for a moment. "Aizawa looks homeless, but Present Mic doesn't seem to mind that, Mic looks like a banana half the time, Vlad King is ok but he's too biased with the classes, I can't judge Snipe when I've never seen his face, and Midnight's my friend.", you listed.

Midnight laughed. "I have never been friend-zoned so casually before. And I thought we were on a date", she said with a pout. You froze, a shade of red slowly crawling up your face as if you were a thermometer. "Oh", was all you could choke out before shakily continuing to eat. The girls glanced between you and midnight, seemingly in thought.

"Sleepy cat.", Mina said before returning to silence. Confusion drowned out embarrassment for a moment while you simply asked, "What?".
"You're ship name.", she responded, not missing a beat. "You're a cat, and Midnight makes people sleep! Sleepy cat!", she explained. Some of the other girls giggled while Nemuri just looked you in the eyes and winked.

Having finished your food, you just sort of sat there blankly, calming your heart rate before you had palpitations. The girls continued to gossip with Nemuri while her words flooded your mind. A date? Did she actually ask me out and I didn't pick up on it? Or is she just messing with me? Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'll just ask her later. But how would I have responded if it was a date?

You decided to ask her about it after work. When the bell rang, the girls made their way back to their classrooms while you and Nemuri walked back to the teachers lounge. You spent the last few hours of the school day working on tomorrow's lesson. Before the bell rang, you asked Nemuri to stay behind a little so you two could chat.

The last few teachers bid you two farewell and left, leaving you and Nemuri alone. You took a deep breath and turned your seat towards her. She turned to you as well, placing one leg over the other and resting her chin on her hand. She nodded slightly, signalling you to speak.

You took another deep breath (jeez learn to breathe). "Was it actually a date?", you asked her, confident you wanted the answer. She was quiet for a moment before responding. "When I asked you, it was just lunch. But me paying for you the small conversation we had really made it feel like a first date. Whether it was or not, I feel that depends on how you saw it."

You looked down in thought. The question was no longer if it was a date, but if you wanted it to be a date. You knew there must be something between you and Nemuri, you had an interesting dream about her after all. Thinking about it, you wouldn't mind trying the whole relationship thing with her.

"Well, I don't think it can be classed as a date when the students were there, so how about we go on one tonight?"
Nemuri was surprised to say the least since you asked her out and not vice versa. She gave you a smile before responding,

"I'd love to."

Hey, I published something! Finally! I don't know why wattpad decided, "ya know what? Let's stop Ari from editing any of her books for basically a week!", but it's not doing that anymore, so yay! If you enjoy this book, check out the others. Bye!